Windows 10: Hidden storage taking up 75gb+

Discus and support Hidden storage taking up 75gb+ in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently just uninstalled a game that was 75gb+ in size to free up space on my C: drive. When I went to install Photoshop just now, I'm down to 2gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LoweLifeJames, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Hidden storage taking up 75gb+

I recently just uninstalled a game that was 75gb+ in size to free up space on my C: drive. When I went to install Photoshop just now, I'm down to 2gb left on my C: drive.

Under the "apps and features" tab in the storage settings, it's telling me that apps and features are taking up 123gb out of the 225gb. However, when I go to "uninstall or change a program", it says that my currently installed programs make up 21.2gb.

What the hell tanked my storage that much since I freed up space and why is it hiding from me?

submitted by /u/LoweLifeJames
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LoweLifeJames, Jun 22, 2020

2. Apps storage tally incorrect

I recently uninstalled Halo Wars 2 from my Windows 10 Surface Pro, partially because it was taking too much space on my hard drive. However, the storage tally for "apps and games" is still listing 75GB worth of space being used; it didn't change. I've searched
    the system and there is no indication that the game is still installed or that there are related files still on the system. The remaining "apps and games" on the system don't come anywhere close to 75GB worth of data.

What am I missing here?

bradmossesq, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - settings - storage usage - other?

Hi Steve,

It's possible that some folders are not showing under the Storage usage >
    Others since they are hidden. Though they are hidden, the space that they are taking will still be counted under
    Storage usage > Others. You'll have to identify what files and folder are hidden with the steps below:

• Type hidden in Cortana, the Windows search bar or your task bar.
    • Select Show hidden files and folders from the result.
    • Go to View tab.
    • Enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
    • Hit Apply, then click OK.

Once you're done with these steps, try checking the Storage usage again and see if it will match.

Let us know if it addressed your concern.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Hidden storage taking up 75gb+

Error in Storage workspace

Hi Joe,

The other files related to the Mail app are possibly hidden that is why it is still taking up 4GB of storage. To check if there are still hidden files related to the Mail app, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
    • Follow this file path: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\
    • Select microsoft.windowscommunicationsappsand go to this file path:
      \LocalState\Indexed\LiveComm.
    • Open the Mail folder and see if you can still see .EML files hiding in that folder.

Get back to us if the storage space will not reduce after performing these steps.

Dennis Mop, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Hidden storage taking up 75gb+

1. Hidden storage taking up 75gb+ - Similar Threads - Hidden storage taking

2. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  3. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats taking up this much storage?: My name is Aiden and im just a typical gamer and i realized that my computer is so laggy. I just got this computer on Christmas and today when i checked it said my installed apps in settings are using 100gb. I couldn't find the app that was using this much storage. The app...
  4. Whats taking up this much storage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. User accounts taking up storage

User accounts taking up storage: I have a desktop device in work that is used in a meeting room, multiple users sign into this device when conducting meetings and the storage is now full on it and users accounts are taking up over 100 GB of storage on this. I was wondering if I delete the user account off...
  6. User accounts taking up storage

User accounts taking up storage: I have a desktop device in work that is used in a meeting room, multiple users sign into this device when conducting meetings and the storage is now full on it and users accounts are taking up over 100 GB of storage on this. I was wondering if I delete the user account off...
  7. What is taking up storage?

What is taking up storage?: Hello, I have this problem where I barely have any space left on my 475GB SSD. when I look in settings, it says that installed apps take up around 350GB, but when I click on installed apps, It says that the largest one is 3GB. This is obviously not true. I mostly have games...
  8. What is taking up storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is taking up storage?: Hello, I have this problem where I barely have any space left on my 475GB SSD. when I look in settings, it says that installed apps take up around 350GB, but when I click on installed apps, It says that the largest one is 3GB. This is obviously not true. I mostly have games...
  9. Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB

Hidden App Taking Up Over 100GB: I believe the problem has something to do with a game that was installed through the xbox app in windows 10, Halo Master Chief Collection. I tried moving the app to an external hard drive to recover storage space but after transferring and uninstalling the app my storage is...
  10. Windows 10 taking 75gb (Fresh Install)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking 75gb (Fresh Install): Why does windows take this much on a fresh install? submitted by /u/TableFlipGodd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exvk5q/windows_10_taking_75gb_fresh_install/