Windows 10: hidden TEMP file - how to delete?

Discus and support hidden TEMP file - how to delete? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Browser is Firefox - pc is clean, protected and apps up-to-date. My Club website has a "fixtures" page On selection, instead of displaying as a web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silvabod, Apr 11, 2017.

1. silvabod Win User

hidden TEMP file - how to delete?

Browser is Firefox - pc is clean, protected and apps up-to-date.

My Club website has a "fixtures" page
    On selection, instead of displaying as a web page, it exits the web, and the title bar shows
    file:///C:/Users/LEN/AppData/Local/Temp/Shefford%20Fixtures%202016-1.pdf (and displays the 2016 data)

I assume this is a file on my C:\ drive. I am not the webmaster, nor had any involvement in creating the data.

I have totally cleaned (with both CCleaner and AVG) and navigated to C:/Users/LEN/AppData/Local/Temp but there is no entry for /Shefford... so I cannot delete it.

Note the forward slashes. pc search converts these to backslashes (and will not accept the "file:///" prefix).

Source website is Shefford Bowls Club Home Page, second page (fixtures)

:)

silvabod, Apr 11, 2017

2. disk defragmenter,

Hello.

Is the drive full? How much space is left on the drive? Most fragmentation comes from temp files located in the Windows temp folder and the users internet temp folder. Try deleting the content in those before running the defrag.

Windows > Temp (Delete all)

Users > AppData > Local > Temp (Delete all)

If you dont see the appdata folder its usually hidden. Click the view tab in explorer and check "Hidden Items"

Let me know if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Apr 11, 2017
  3. Hidden temp files of 42GB

Hi TharangaSisira,

I'm an independent Microsoft advisor. I suggest using the application BleachBit, its a small but powerful tool to clean, system files and such. I will include the link below so you can test yourself.

Clean Your System and Free Disk Space | BleachBit

Let us know if it helped you. Kind regards.

RicardoRodriguez90, Apr 11, 2017
  4. hidden TEMP file - how to delete?

The "Fixtures" link is to a .pdf file. When you click it, Firefox downloads it to your Temp folder, and displays it.
    When you dismiss the tab/window it's displayed in, Firefox deletes the file. This is standard behavior by Firefox.
    You can adjust your Firefox preferences to simply put the file in your designated Downloads folder, or to open it
    with another program.

kreemoweet, Apr 11, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @silvabod

My Firefox displays it in the browser (and yes, it's still the 2016 fixtures - tell your webmaster to update it ASAP)

As explained, to display a .pdf link the browser downloads it to the temp folder in order to display it. If your Firefox does not then display it in the browser, check your settings. In FF, type the address abouthidden TEMP file - how to delete? :preferences#applications then make sure that 'Portable Document Format (PDF)' is set for 'Preview in Firefox'.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

hidden TEMP file - how to delete?

1. hidden TEMP file - how to delete? - Similar Threads - hidden TEMP file

2. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  3. delete a temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete a temp file: i need to delete a temp file when we go inSETTINGS>STORAGE>TEMPORARY FILERS> AT BOTTOM THERE IS AN UPDATE THING I NEED TO DELETE IT DONE IT PRIOR BUT FORGOT HOW TO DO IT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-temp-file/2bdc3ccf-9129-479d-a8f1-9ecfc30f7121
  4. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  5. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Temp files: Hell I press window key plus R then temp and also %temp%. Then with each folder O do control A, the items highlight but access is denied to a bunch of the folders What should I do? Thanks...
  6. Delete Temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Are these temp files ok to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these temp files ok to delete?: I have a bunch of folders in my temp folder C\Users\[myname]\AppData\Local\Temp that are taking up space. I've been reading that it's perfectly fine to delete files and folders in the Temp folder, but I've always been hesitant as I don't know if any are actually important to...
  8. deleting temp files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    deleting temp files: I am scanning my system with IO Bit driver booster. The program gave me a detail scan report. It says system has a lot of junk files for example 3228=C:\Users\koeradera\AppData\Local\Temp\ndrhn3zm.1hh\ja\Microsoft.VisualStudio.Installer.Common.resources.dll...
  9. Delete Temp Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete Temp Files: Hello Community: I have an HP Compaq SFF 8200 desk top PC, MY operating system is Windowa 10 Home 64 bit. while doing housekeeping on my pc, I go to the disk cleanup mode, one of the items that I check is " Temporary Files" after the cleanup process is...
  10. Delete Temp Internet Files

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Temp Internet Files: I have read I guess all over the net how to delete temp internet files, I have tried everything inc CCleaner nothing seems to work, and I notice that people have written from about august 2015. Am using a new dell xps 8900 desktop with win 10 pro, am I right to think there...