Windows 10: Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.

Discus and support Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed something strange right after I use FPS monitor in the game that I find runs abnormally poor despite my system should be well more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by zGantzKongchatri, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.

Hi, I noticed something strange right after I use FPS monitor in the game that I find runs abnormally poor despite my system should be well more than enough to run it smoothly.Here's what it looks like without taskmgr running.And here when with taskmgr is running.And here capturing it both taskmgr on and off with sysguage but without the game running. Sadly with its process monitor it doesn't show any process that uses high cpu aside from the game itself.After closing taskmgr for about 5 minutes, high cpu usage returns.And not just the total cpu% usage that changes, cpu temperature changes a

:)

zGantzKongchatri, Jan 19, 2022

2. Parked cores? Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I will certainly help you with it.

Many apps don't use all cores. They aren't programmed for it. Then they will use one core and will overload it.

But you can tell Windows to run that process on 2,3, ... and in all cores.

For doing it, follow these steps:

• Open Task Manager
    • Select tab Processes
    • Right click and select 'Set Affinity'
    • Select on which cores you want to run process.
    Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 19, 2022
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    Duplicate processes running in task manager

Hi Marzei,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about processes running in the background.

This is pretty normal as processes takes time to end on task manager after you exit on the program. As for the multiple processes on each application, it is actually normal. Programs run 1 process per tab, extensions and GPU processes. It's like the application
    running multiple small processes compared to 1 big process.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

References:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/...

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/206425...

WiIfred P, Jan 19, 2022
  4. goku90504 Win User

Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.

Hidden chrome processes... what are they for/doing?

Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running. [​IMG]

When I opened process explorer and chromes internal task manager the number of chrome processes in each was very different and I would like to know why
    chromes internal task manager listed 12 and I'm fine with the 12 it lists but process explorer listed 30 chrome processes
    does anyone know why? or how to find out?
    WinVer: 10 home ver 1903
    Chrome: Version 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)

goku90504, Jan 19, 2022
Thema:

Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.

1. Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running. - Similar Threads - Hidden unknown process

2. Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.: Hi, I noticed something strange right after I use FPS monitor in the game that I find runs abnormally poor despite my system should be well more than enough to run it smoothly.Here's what it looks like without taskmgr running.And here when with taskmgr is running.And here...
  3. Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden unknown process uses every cores disappear only when task manager is running.: Hi, I noticed something strange right after I use FPS monitor in the game that I find runs abnormally poor despite my system should be well more than enough to run it smoothly.Here's what it looks like without taskmgr running.And here when with taskmgr is running.And here...
  4. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  5. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager shows only 2 cores: Hello!I saw that in Task Manager it shows me that my CPU has got only 2 cores but it's quad core. I am just curious to see why this is happening. I don't have any problems for now. My CPU is an AMD FX 4100....
  6. Task Manager shows only 2 cores

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. "Start" process running in task manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" process running in task manager?: hello, i was downloading some things to my computer today and i noticed i suddenly have a process running in my task manager that's just labeled "Start", it doesn't seem to be using up too much of my memory and it isn't impacting my CPU, but i've never seen this before, can...
  8. Running Processes in task manager

Running Processes in task manager: Why do I have multiple processes running of some programs in task manager using Windows 10, Even after closing them with none running at bottom. Example: Microsoft15...
  9. Duplicate processes running in task manager

Duplicate processes running in task manager: I have a few things open yet my computer is running several processes 45 backgorund and 39-80 windows processes. I have 1 google crome 1 Microsoft edge and 1 league of legends open. But in task manager it says 8 google tabs 7 edge tabs and 3 league tabs are open. This is...
  10. Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Number of processes core showing on task manager is wrong: The task manager showing only one Processor Core while Device manager shows 4 No of Core. the print screen attached.... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/number-of-processes-core-showing-on-task-manager/5d5d3eea-aa7d-4bdd-b692-57fe94a1fe66