Windows 10: Hidden used space on driver

Discus and support Hidden used space on driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded 15 GB of files to empty Driver and deleted it days after. My Driver says there is still 15 GB of used space, while there's no visible or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DraganPavlovic, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Hidden used space on driver

I downloaded 15 GB of files to empty Driver and deleted it days after.
    My Driver says there is still 15 GB of used space, while there's no visible or hidden files. But I used Recuva to reach those files and try to overwrite them, expect it didn't do anything.

I'm sorry if there's similar thread as mine, but I cannot find them for some reason.
    Any help is appreciated.

:)

DraganPavlovic, Jul 4, 2020

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 4, 2020
  3. I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Hidden used space on driver

Mail List Hidden

Hidden used space on driver [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Hidden used space on driver

1. Hidden used space on driver - Similar Threads - Hidden used space

2. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  3. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  4. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

C drive free space reduced by hidden files: Hello, everyone, I'm Arjun.My C drive is showing wrong information about the space used.All the folders in the C driver cumulatively use 62.5GB and my C drive is about 195GB.But the C drive is showing the amount of free space is only 92.6GB.Where is this space approx. 40GB...
  6. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive free space reduced by hidden files: Hello, everyone, I'm Arjun.My C drive is showing wrong information about the space used.All the folders in the C driver cumulatively use 62.5GB and my C drive is about 195GB.But the C drive is showing the amount of free space is only 92.6GB.Where is this space approx. 40GB...
  7. C drive free space reduced by hidden files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Driver space decreasing

Driver space decreasing: My storage space has been decreasing. I got my laptop in April 2019. My driver, Windows C:, had 116 gigabytes during that time, but now my driver can only hold 58.2 GB. It has been slowly decreasing since the end of 2019 and my performance is getting worse. I've reset my...
  9. 20 gigs of space hidden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20 gigs of space hidden: I went to my C drive and I selected everything and all of it adds up to about 62 gigs, but there's 85 gigs of used space on the hard drive. Trying to free up some space so where the heck are the 20 gigs that aren't even being shown on the hard drive? submitted by /u/Nifty52...
  10. Driver hidden somewhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver hidden somewhere: how do i rem[ATTACH]ove the driver, it doesnt show up in device manager its like hidden somewhere, its from tunngle app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-hidden-somewhere/c6ce9f01-e738-4bea-9f0f-c8e6c1b77a37