Windows 10: Hidden Windows Key Hotkeys

Discus and support Hidden Windows Key Hotkeys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I've been messing with Powertoys and discovered that Windows has a lot of hidden hotkeys used with the F13-F24 keys. I imagine they are a way for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigDickEnterprise, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Hidden Windows Key Hotkeys

Hi! I've been messing with Powertoys and discovered that Windows has a lot of hidden hotkeys used with the F13-F24 keys. I imagine they are a way for the OS to easily call functionality without implementing new keys or whatever, especially useful on laptops. (For those who don't know, F13-F24 keys are just like F1-F12, but they aren't present on 99% of modern keyboards.)

Anyway, most of these shortcuts can be accessed with other means, but a few are quite interesting. You can use PowerToys or AutoHotkey or anything you like to access these by remapping some available key combination to one of them.

Win Ctrl F14 -- Narrator (as Win Ctrl Enter)

Win F15 -- Takes screenshot (as Win PrtSc)

Win F16 -- Slide to Shutdown -- opens drop-down menu allowing you to shut the computer down. I don't know if this menu can be accessed in any other way, I've never seen it before.

F17 -- no key combinations?

Win F18 -- opens Cortana (as Win C)

Win F19 -- opens Snip&Sketch with full screen shot

Win Ctrl F19 -- opens Ink Workspace (as Win W)

Win F20 -- opens MS Whiteboard

Win F21 -- opens Settings (as Win I)

Win Ctrl F21 -- opens Connect (as Win K)

Win Shift F21 -- opens Search (as Win S/Win Q)

Win F22 -- opens Project (as Win P)

F23 -- no key combinations?

Win F24 -- takes screenshot (as Win PrtSc)

Win Ctrl F24 -- disables the touchpad

Bonus finding:

If you press the 4 modifier keys at the same time (so Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Win), it acts as the so-called Office key that's present on some MS keyboards. It allows you to run office apps from anywhere. It has its own set of hotkeys:

Office key alone (so Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Win) -- Office app

Office+W -- Word

Office+X -- Excel

Office+P -- Powerpoint

Office+O -- Outlook

Office+D -- OneDrive in Explorer

Office+L -- LinkedIn in browser (seriously?)

Office+T -- Teams (opens in browser if not installed)

Office+Y -- Yammer (opens in browser if not installed)

Office+N -- OneNote

I hope someone finds these useful! (especially the LinkedIn key, heh)

submitted by /u/BigDickEnterprise
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigDickEnterprise, Jun 8, 2021
  2. digibucc Win User

Are custom hotkeys possible?

sharpkeys

it also works with media keys, such as mute. idk about mute mic specifically, but it's possible.

are you sure Vent doesn't have a hotkey for it? like ctrl+shift+something? just assign that macro to a key in sharpkeys.

digibucc, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Jun 8, 2021
  4. NogtTL Win User

Hidden Windows Key Hotkeys

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Hidden Windows Key Hotkeys

1. Hidden Windows Key Hotkeys - Similar Threads - Hidden Key Hotkeys

2. Cant Set a Windows + Arrow Key hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Set a Windows + Arrow Key hotkey: I Disabled Windows Snapping, yet I can't set the hotkey "Windows key + Arrow Key" on soundpad, and instead soundpad recognize all arrow keys as "Key225" but when I set the arrow only in hotkey it recognizes it as it is "Left" or "Right", when i save the hotkey and try to...
  3. Cant Set a Windows + Arrow Key hotkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Set a Windows + Arrow Key hotkey: I Disabled Windows Snapping, yet I can't set the hotkey "Windows key + Arrow Key" on soundpad, and instead soundpad recognize all arrow keys as "Key225" but when I set the arrow only in hotkey it recognizes it as it is "Left" or "Right", when i save the hotkey and try to...
  4. Hidden USB key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden USB key: Hello everybody!I have an issue with my USB key. When I plugged it, my computer recognize it, but when I want to see the files in it I can’t find it. I've turned on the hidden files and my USB key appears life a hidden folder and I can’t access it. And, when I look in the...
  5. Hidden USB key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden USB key: Hello everybody!I have an issue with my USB key. When I plugged it, my computer recognize it, but when I want to see the files in it I can’t find it. I've turned on the hidden files and my USB key appears life a hidden folder and I can’t access it. And, when I look in the...
  6. Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  7. Windows 10 - Windows Key, Touchpad Gestures and Hotkeys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Windows Key, Touchpad Gestures and Hotkeys are not working: I don't know whether a update broke this or it was caused by some software I downloaded but touchpad gestures, Windows Key and Hotkeys are not working on my Laptop anymore. Does anyone have a solution for this?...
  8. Custom key? Hidden key? help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom key? Hidden key? help.: I want to assign a special key to my mouse. A key that is not on my keyboard. Like mouse4 for example. But the problem is that I can't seem to figure out how. I also have 6 different mouse buttons, are there that many mouse buttons? The buttons are at this moment assigned to...
  9. Hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotkeys.: Now I am the kind of person that tries to delay updates as much as possible because of things like this. But the latest one changed the start key view, as well as a search bar, and now every other time when I press escape witch I use at least 200 times a day, it throws me out...
  10. The Fn key (hotkey) not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Fn key (hotkey) not working: The type of the notebook: Acer Aspire E5-572G I installed all driver and application which was provided by the notebook's manufacturer, except one, the Launch Manager. I tried install it, but I could not, because always get an error - This operation system is not supported...