Windows 10: Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool

Discus and support Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to know if there is any way to hide a single drive from "safe removal" of Windows 10. Is it also possible to hide it from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by miccio, Jun 27, 2018.

1. miccio Win User

Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool

Hello. I would like to know if there is any way to hide a single drive from "safe removal" of Windows 10. Is it also possible to hide it from Windows Explorer? Thanks in advance for any answers.

:)

miccio, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jun 27, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Hi,

This can be caused by a driver issue or virus-infected USB drive. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suitable to your pen drive concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Does it appear in the disk management?
    • Can you connect other USB drives and see if the same error will occur?

In the meantime, try updating the USB driver as an initial troubleshooting step and see if the error will occur again when you connect your USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Universal Serial Bus controllers and click it to expand.
    • Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool

Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool

1. Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool - Similar Threads - Hide single drive

2. Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...: Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps reverting my updated AMD GPU back to the old version. So I want to hide that updates, so it will stop doing that....
  3. Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...: Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps reverting my updated AMD GPU back to the old version. So I want to hide that updates, so it will stop doing that....
  4. Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PEN DRIVE VIRUS REMOVAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PEN DRIVE VIRUS REMOVAL: Can we remove virus from pen drive through bootable media.For example If I have pen drive named G.Then I can restart my device and then i can go to boot menu by pressing f 12.Then I can go to Windows installing menu.After that I can format my pen drive G.After that i can...
  6. How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...

How to hide a built-in removable usb card reader device & disk from Safely Remove Hardware...: I have a built in card reader device, How to override removable capability to let device & removable drive not list in Safely Remove Hardware in Windows 10 19H1?...
  7. If I hide a drive/partiton, it is safe from viruses?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I hide a drive/partiton, it is safe from viruses?: I recently built a new computer with a new SSD that runs Windows 10 Pro. I kept the old internal HDD as a bootable Windows backup. Periodically I will recreate the HDD Windows partition to keep it current in case I need to boot from it. Since it is an internal HDD, there...
  8. Safe removal of usb drive

Safe removal of usb drive: How do you safely remove usb drive from computer on Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/safe-removal-of-usb-drive/8e1ea4eb-bfe9-4e58-866a-292b3c94ac03
  9. Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe remova tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe remova tool: Hello. I would like to know if there is any way to hide a single drive from "safe removal" of Windows 10. Is it also possible to hide it from Windows Explorer? Thanks in advance for any answers. 112993
  10. Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.: Does someone knows a way to hide it for good? Not disabling it, because that could cause some trouble, just that doesn't show in the tray? A .reg file would be awesome. I want this for 2 reasons: First, I don't use it, I use USB Disk Ejector; and second because it's...