Windows 10: hide additional search information

Discus and support hide additional search information in Cortana to solve the problem; I've just reinstalled windows 10 pro with the latest updates and I've noticed that my search menu looks a bit different. There's a large space on the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by topdoggo, Feb 6, 2019.

1. topdoggo Win User

hide additional search information

I've just reinstalled windows 10 pro with the latest updates and I've noticed that my search menu looks a bit different. There's a large space on the right with additional information that I don't want to see.

Is there anyone to minimize or collapse this?

hide additional search information ff0b8e9c-e663-47e5-b888-9145761c7457?upload=true.png

:)

topdoggo, Feb 6, 2019

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Search missing most information.

Hi,

We would like to know the additional information to better assist you with search indexing concern. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• When did the issue occur?
    • Did you make any recent changes on your computer system?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to resolve the issue?
    • Is it happening in a particular file only?
    We are looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. hide additional search information - Similar Threads - hide additional search

2. Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information: Hello,When you open the Search bar from the Windows Task Bar bottom left, next to the Start menu - sorry, I might be describing it wrong as I am not too computer term savvy - it opens up to allow you to search your machine for whatever it is you're needing, i.e. the Add or...
  3. Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information: Hello,When you open the Search bar from the Windows Task Bar bottom left, next to the Start menu - sorry, I might be describing it wrong as I am not too computer term savvy - it opens up to allow you to search your machine for whatever it is you're needing, i.e. the Add or...
  4. AnyTech 365 Scam? Search for information.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AnyTech 365 Scam? Search for information.: HelloWorking in IT myself I got a couple of reports during the last year about a quite interesting "thing" I think it's some kind of scam scheme called "AnyTech 365". It's not your "typical" Microsoft phone call scam but something quite a bit more sophisticated.Interestingly...
  5. Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Auto hide option on a custom Start Menu XML File + Hide Clock, Hide Search and Hide...: Hello, I'm Creating a Standard windows Desktop for the computers in my company, so I want to Import a custom Start Menu, and Taskbar along with some group policies. So it's rather easy to deploy a Custom Start Menu and Taskbar, I'm Looking for a rather Clean one, here's my...
  6. How to type in search information on taskbar

in Cortana
    How to type in search information on taskbar: How to type in data for search instead of using Cortana voice response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-type-in-search-information-on-taskbar/f0dcab29-1c47-49a6-b10d-52e0aebad570
  7. Unable to search for files on additional hard drives - Specifically where additional drives...

in Cortana
    Unable to search for files on additional hard drives - Specifically where additional drives...: I have had this problem for countless months where Windows 10 refused to search my additional drives, despite them being indexed. The many steps to fix the problem, both in this community and others did not resolve the issue. If they did, it was always temporary eg. changing...
  8. Show additional information at bottom of explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show additional information at bottom of explorer?: Hi! Is it possible to show additional file information at the bottom of the file explorer like it was in windows 7? It was especially useful when the view is set to details and no thumbnails of images are shown and when i click on an image it shows a little preview at the...
  9. Explorer search not working with additional HD

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer search not working with additional HD: I have tried to rebulid the index multiple times and it still will not work. when I go into a folder containing music and try to search and artist it always says "No Items Match Your Search" This is a second hard drive added to my computer for storage. Anyone know how to...
  10. Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure: We’re committed to helping our users keep their personal information secure and private. A key part of our work is identifying and preventing unauthorized access to your Microsoft Account (including Outlook.com email and OneDrive) by anyone other than you. We’re taking an...