Windows 10: Hide and Seek for files

Discus and support Hide and Seek for files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As a professional with decades of experience, I have working patterns that work for me. For example. I like to keep files in documents, organized under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by robinyoung4, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Hide and Seek for files

As a professional with decades of experience, I have working patterns that work for me. For example. I like to keep files in documents, organized under file folders as needed, or if it's a one off, just in documents. Windows likes to hide them. It moves them to different places. It won't display more than 6 files in documents without asking the chilling question, do you want to recover deleted files? Sometimes they have gone to one drive, sometimes I have to search THIS PC. Well of course it's on this PC you freaking computer, that's where I do my work. It can take many minutes to find where your file has gone, especially if you last accessed it 2 months ago. My question is ****? Can you not leave them where I put them. Are you a puppy?

:)

robinyoung4, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Hide n seek screens ANNOYING

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    If that issue persist try to install in Compatibility mode

Method 2::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 18, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Hide and Seek for files

Show / hide files HELP..

Which method did you use to "hide" your file ?

blobster21, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Hide and Seek for files

1. Hide and Seek for files - Similar Threads - Hide Seek files

2. Hide 'n Seek

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide 'n Seek: While updating some spreadsheets for the next year, I saved them to my C:\ drive in preparation to store them on a thumb drive for safe keeping.After working well into the night/morning, I needed to double check one and was horrified to discover none were listed. I went to...
  3. Hide 'n Seek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide 'n Seek: While updating some spreadsheets for the next year, I saved them to my C:\ drive in preparation to store them on a thumb drive for safe keeping.After working well into the night/morning, I needed to double check one and was horrified to discover none were listed. I went to...
  4. Hide 'n Seek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 hide-n-seek with files

Win10 hide-n-seek with files: Windows updated to current update of 10My fiscal year begins July 1 so in advance I created a new spreadsheet.By going into the program I can open it by clicking "file" and selecting it from the drop down menu... but that's the only way?I can save it on my C:/ drive see...
  6. Win10 hide-n-seek with files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 hide-n-seek with files: Windows updated to current update of 10My fiscal year begins July 1 so in advance I created a new spreadsheet.By going into the program I can open it by clicking "file" and selecting it from the drop down menu... but that's the only way?I can save it on my C:/ drive see...
  7. Win10 hide-n-seek with files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Apps/programs hide and seek

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps/programs hide and seek: Since Win10 refuses to let me play Win7s Chess Titans the brat I went on the Windows store to download their free chess software.It repeatedly says I already own it. I can't find it anywhere in downloads or programs folders, and a C: drive search of the word "Chess" only...
  9. Apps/programs hide and seek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps/programs hide and seek: Since Win10 refuses to let me play Win7s Chess Titans the brat I went on the Windows store to download their free chess software.It repeatedly says I already own it. I can't find it anywhere in downloads or programs folders, and a C: drive search of the word "Chess" only...
  10. Apps/programs hide and seek