Windows 10: Hide Application Stored on Flash Drive that ran on PC

Discus and support Hide Application Stored on Flash Drive that ran on PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay, so I've been using Cemu (Wii U emulator) to play backups of Wii U games ever since my console stopped working. I want to keep the application and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TwoDots18, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Hide Application Stored on Flash Drive that ran on PC

Okay, so I've been using Cemu (Wii U emulator) to play backups of Wii U games ever since my console stopped working. I want to keep the application and everything attached to it on a flash drive and plug it in to run games off of it on my Windows 10 pc. However, I share a pc with someone (they have the admin account) who will not tolerate this kind of thing, even though I pitched in an equal amount of money to buy the pc, they just set it up. I have very limited technical knowledge and want to hide the fact that I ever downloaded Cemu onto the drive (from the pc) and hide the fact that I've been running it off the drive on the pc. In short, I don't want them to know I'm using the pc to run cemu off of my 32 gb flash drive.

Sorry if this post was too long, sorry if it's wordy or repetitive, I just need some help. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/TwoDots18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TwoDots18, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Copying movie to Flash Drive

Hi Todd,

One way on how to save and move files to a flash drive is by using the File Explorer in Windows 10. To assist you with your concern, to save your movie file to a flash drive, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your USB flash drive to your PC.
    • Navigate to the folder or location where you save your movie files.
    • Right-click on the movie file and select
      Copy
    • Right-click on the Start menu, and select
      File Explorer.
    • On the left-pane, double-click on This PC.
    • Double-click on the drive letter that correspond to your USB flash drive.
    • Right-click and select Paste.
    • Wait for the process to complete the transfer.
    • Once you’re done, you can safely remove your USB flash drive.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Baffin Win User

Hide Application Stored on Flash Drive that ran on PC

File Explorer is not hiding empty USB drives, despite setting to 'hide empty drives'

Thanks for your response.

I ran sfc and all's well:

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /verifyonly

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Then, following your suggestion, I opened 'File Explorer Options', clicked 'View'. There are two boxes: 'Folder views' and 'Advanced settings'. The latter has 'Hide empty drives' and it was checked. To see its effect, I unchecked it and pressed Apply.
    No change to the Navigation pane, but in 'This PC', the greyed empty drives turned black. I re-checked the 'Hide' setting and in 'This PC' the empty drives went from black back to grey, but no change in the Navigation pane (empty drives are still listed).

Empty drives are still being displayed in the Nav pane.

Baffin, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Hide Application Stored on Flash Drive that ran on PC

1. Hide Application Stored on Flash Drive that ran on PC - Similar Threads - Hide Application Stored

2. Hiding Running Applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding Running Applications: I understand how to minimize running applications to hide them. I run an app that is always in non-windowed, full screen mode. Is there a way to force it to not show any other BG apps when in any open program or the windows desktop, similar to hiding background applications...
  3. Hide the Taskbar in Specific Applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide the Taskbar in Specific Applications?: Does anyone here know how to Hide the Taskbar in specific applications and NOT the desktop screen? For exmaple, I want to use firefox without the Taskbar shows up (only when my mouse is at the bottom), but I want the taskbar to appear static when I'm on the desktop screen so...
  4. Hiding Applications from Taskbar

Hiding Applications from Taskbar: How do I hide an application from appearing on the taskbar of the bottom of my screen? submitted by /u/GodOfEmAll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5b1f8/hiding_applications_from_taskbar/
  5. PC not recognizing my flash drive

PC not recognizing my flash drive: It shows that it is there and it says it is working but when I click on the symbol for my flash drive it says “please insert disk”. submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hbg70w/pc_not_recognizing_my_flash_drive/
  6. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive: I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have...
  7. Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close: Will anyone please help a stranger in need? I have encountered a problem, a rather frequent problem in fact, it is simple but it is also a problem I failed to solve myself. The thing is as described in the subject title, Windows Store downloaded Universal Windows Platform...
  8. PC photos to Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC photos to Flash Drive: How do I copy and paste photo from my PC to a USB Flash Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-photos-to-flash-drive/89aee16a-7e65-4225-9a6b-2367c04b33f4"
  9. Flashing blur in applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing blur in applications: When I have open applications and minimize/maximize them from the task bar. I will notice a flashing blur in the application's title bar and some times in the entire application's window. The laptop I have in a Dell Inspiron 13 5368. The laptop uses the Intel HD graphic 520...
  10. General APplication error on ran online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    General APplication error on ran online: Hi does anyone know how to fix this issue? Whenever I try to launch the ran online launcher is I keep receiving this issue.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/general-application-error-on-ran-online/32a795c2-f4b4-4b26-bc64-e2fd96635f68