Windows 10: Hide desktop icons on startup???

Discus and support Hide desktop icons on startup??? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; SOLVED! :) How can I hide all desktop icons? ------------------------------------------------- I know how to hide the desktop icons by right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NomadJago, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Hide desktop icons on startup???

SOLVED! Hide desktop icons on startup??? :)

How can I hide all desktop icons?

-------------------------------------------------

I know how to hide the desktop icons by right clicking and choosing View then disabling Show unchecked Show Desktop Icons. But how does one make this permanent so that during startup the desktop icons are hidden? Whenever I uncheck Show Desktop Icons, and reboot, the damn icons still display and the Show Desktop Icons is checked back on. Do I need to call in a priest to remove that daemon? Is there a registry value to disable regarding this? I want a clean desktop, just the background wallpaper, when I start up Windows 10.

submitted by /u/NomadJago
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NomadJago, Jan 28, 2021

2. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 28, 2021
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Hide desktop icons on startup???

No Hide Desktop Icons on x64 XP?

My computer decided it wanted my attention and I ended up having to reinstall it. After deleting the partition I realized I lent out my Vista disc so I ended up having to borrow a x64 XP my friend downstairs has until I can get my disc back. Anyway, when I right click the desktop and go to Arrange Icons there is no option there to hide icons on the desktop like I'm accustomed to on other versions of XP. Is there some way to do this with this version of XP? At the moment all I have on the desktop is the recycling bin, so if its not I suppose its not the end of the world, but I'd still like the option since I do like to let files accumulate there without having to stare at them.

OrbitzXT, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Hide desktop icons on startup???

1. Hide desktop icons on startup??? - Similar Threads - Hide desktop icons

2. How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10: I only want to see my background when i log in. I've tried unshecking the 'Show desktop icons' option and it works ones after restarting the computer, but i've to unsheck it again for it to work another time. When it comes to the taskbar i've no clue, thanks in advance, any...
  3. Show/Hide Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show/Hide Desktop icons: Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide or show desktop icons? submitted by /u/Deathpact231 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i193tb/showhide_desktop_icons/
  4. Some desktop icons are white on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Some desktop icons are white on startup: Hi everyone. I just installed Windows 10 Home on a brand new SSD (clean install) and I noticed that during every startup, some of my desktop icons are white. Immediately after, all the real icons shows up. All this happens very quickly, maybe in the space of a second or two....
  5. hiding desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  6. Desktop icons moved on startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop icons moved on startup: I just installed a Radeon 5700 XT and I have a monitor with a 1920 x 1200 resolution. Every time I boot my system the icons get moved into what looks like an area 1366 x 768 or there about. I use DeskTopOK to restore my desktop but I am looking for better solution. The...
  7. Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer)

Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer): Hello everyone, Hereby I would like to ask all of you for help on a problem me and my colleague have been tackling for the past couple of days now. We just can't seem to be able to crack this one. Situation: We are setting up our new Citrix farm and preparing our new...
  8. Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide

Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide: Hello Everybody If I want hide my desktop Icons I must click hide desktop icons.... but one time is not enough, it happens only at second turn. If reebot the icons returns show. How I can resolve? Thank you...
  9. No icons on desktop after startup only

in Windows 10 Support
    No icons on desktop after startup only: I have a strange problem in Windows 10 Pro. After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to 10 Pro my icons on the desktop are missing, but only at startup. If I rightclick on the desktop to get the menu up where i can refresh the screen(i don't click it though) then i click...
  10. Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show All Icons on Your Desktop in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves...