Windows 10: Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.

Discus and support Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Not sure of the optimum place to post, so if it's wrong - Sorry, Every day my [img] runs and successfully installs the driver in the picture,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by johndough, Dec 31, 2018.

1. johndough Win User

Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.

Hi

Not sure of the optimum place to post, so if it's wrong - Sorry,

Every day my
    Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing. [​IMG]
    runs and successfully installs the driver in the picture, Synaptics - Mouse (although it is the touchpad area I suspect).

Tried quite a few things,
    Microsoft technician? remoteing in and eventually doing a re-install.
    Second tech tried a few things and then disabled updates altogether and then left.

So since the 1809 was installed I have had over 20 successful installs.
    Can't stop it.

wushowhide nada
    registry key change useless

So is there a way, 1803 was cured by MS people somehow.
    Last tech tried gpedit.msc and it's not installed /available.

So I am stumped, along with MS currently.

:)

johndough, Dec 31, 2018
  2. BJB
    BJB Win User

KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update

I pride myself in researching and figure things out but just can't get this one.
    I know I have the most recent NVidia driver from their website. My video is gone.
    I also know all about the show/hide "troubleshooter" (should be called fix a bad MS decision shooter)...anyway, it works fine with several items. However the Nvidia driver update does not show on the list of items in the troubleshooter it can hide!
    So, it keeps showing up with the updates that I DO WANT to download.

Even stranger, some updates showed in the troubleshooter that were not showing in my windows update dialog.

But anyway, the real issue is that I need to hide that Nvidia driver. Any suggestions?

This is a little crazy. I might be okay with OS updates being pushed more but NOT drivers.

Thanks,

3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.

Need to hide an update, the "hide update" tool provided by Microsoft didn't do anything

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would like to ask you:

• Are you referring to disabling it from Windows Updates?
    To disable automatic updates, I suggest you to click on article provided below and check if It helps in resolving your issue.

Hide Windows Updates or driver updates:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/hide-windows-updates-or-driver-updates

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.

1. Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing. - Similar Threads - Hide Disable daily

2. Windows Update is now a daily thing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update is now a daily thing?: Every single day is every single day Update is downloading and installing updates, as far as I know windows 10 is not going through a drastic change or development that merits this...
  3. Windows Update is now a daily thing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is now a daily thing?: Every single day is every single day Update is downloading and installing updates, as far as I know windows 10 is not going through a drastic change or development that merits this...
  4. Windows Update is now a daily thing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Driver updates attempting to install driver daily

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver updates attempting to install driver daily: W10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 I just peeked at W10 update history because Belarc Adviser software indicated a security update was missing. While Im dealing with that I also noticed that Windows has been attempting to update my printer driver on a daily basis. Im glad I ran into...
  6. Daily Notification for Samsung Driver Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Daily Notification for Samsung Driver Update: Lately, I have been getting a notification to download a Samsung Driver on a daily basis. Each time I select "download", adn the notification disappears. It is getting very annoying and has happened for the last four days. I cannot find the Samsung driver, much less disable...
  7. Daily Notification for Samsung Driver Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Daily Notification for Samsung Driver Update: Lately, I have been getting a notification to download a Samsung Driver on a daily basis. Each time I select "download", adn the notification disappears. It is getting very annoying and has happened for the last four days. I cannot find the Samsung driver, much less disable...
  8. Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to hide NVIDIA Driver update: I am attempting to hide the driver update for my NVIDIA Grapgics card as the one from Microsoft causes me problems. I am using this program from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 It doesn't matter how many times I run it the Driver update will...
  9. Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing

Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing: Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing over and over again Visual C ++ 2012 update is the only one that keeps reinstalling and all the installs are successfully installed Anyone have any ideas *Biggrin 43477
  10. KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update

KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update: I pride myself in researching and figure things out but just can't get this one. I know I have the most recent NVidia driver from their website. My video is gone. I also know all about the show/hide "troubleshooter" (should be called fix a bad MS decision shooter)...anyway,...