Windows 10: Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager

Discus and support Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used this command to show disconnected devices: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 But then I wanted to hide them, so I entered: SET... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by empleat, Mar 15, 2021.

1. empleat Win User

Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager

I used this command to show disconnected devices: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
    But then I wanted to hide them, so I entered: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=0
    But it still shows disconnected devices! (When I click view/show hidden devices). Problem is even normally this doesn't show disconnected devices! And it does only after entering this command with value 1!

I need to have enabled show hidden devices in Device Manager, but so it doesn't show everything. So I need to revert this command. Problem is as I said: setting it to 0 does nothing! And I even created enviromental variable with value 0 to disable it. Even after restart: device manager still show disconnected devices!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...hidden-devices

:)

empleat, Mar 15, 2021

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Mar 15, 2021
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Hiding Devices in Device Manager

Have you tried right clicking on the device in Device Manager and selecting Disable Device?

Steve C, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Hide disconnected devices

2. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide the devices from Device Manager: Dear Sir,We refer to the follow doc to hide the devices from Device Manager, but it seems the Devices still show in the Device Manager even though we've config the the IRP, so how to continue to analyze the...
  3. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to hide the devices from Device Manager: Dear Sir,We refer to the follow doc to hide the devices from Device Manager, but it seems the Devices still show in the Device Manager even though we've config the the IRP, so how to continue to analyze the...
  4. How to hide the devices from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I hide disconnected devices nonpresent_devices in Device Manager???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I hide disconnected devices nonpresent_devices in Device Manager???: I used this command in CMD elevated: set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 to show disconnected devices, but even after restart they are still showing! I want to hide them again! But how? I tried this command without success: set DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES= Also I...
  6. Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide disconnected devices in Device Manager: I used this command to show disconnected devices: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 But then I wanted to hide them, so I entered: SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=0 But it still shows disconnected devices! (When I click view/show hidden devices). Problem is even normally...
  7. Hiding Devices in Device Manager

Hiding Devices in Device Manager: I'm looking to hide a few devices in Device Manager so that they stop showing up in 'Devices & Printers'. How do I hide these devices? (I am not trying to remove the devices, simply hide them) I am currently using Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 175368
  8. Windows 10 1809 Device Manager and hiding disabled devices.

Windows 10 1809 Device Manager and hiding disabled devices.: How do I make a disabled or enabled non hidden device into a hidden device in device manager.There is an internal wifi pcie card that sucks I use a usb wifi device,also I use a usb sound card not my internal one.I do not want to open my computer to remove the wifi card...
  9. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices: Hello; Pictures are enclosed and marked accordingly on the bottom Working with Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 OS Build 15063.483 64 Bit x64-Based Processor I have a unique pain in the butt.I built this PC in 2011, and have had no problems with it until April. 2...
  10. Disconnect device?

Disconnect device?: I'm not finding the icon for same in the popup box at the right side of the toolbar as was the case with Win7. I searched locally and didn't find it. Is there a new feature that doesn't require ejecting a USB iPod, flash drive...? Mark 49708