Windows 10: Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

Discus and support Hide file bypassing show hidden items? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I dislike having commonly used files hidden from me as it makes the work I do more difficult. But I never touch certain files like any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ryzen93900X, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

I dislike having commonly used files hidden from me as it makes the work I do more difficult.

But I never touch certain files like any of the desktop.ini files and I would like to hid these files only

I did consider removing the hidden tag from all things besides desktop.ini and hiding hidden, but then programs could hide files from me anyway, not a fan.

I am accepting 3rd party tools as answers.

:)

Ryzen93900X, Aug 21, 2020

2. How to show hidden/hide folders/files for only "one specific drive"?

First way

Step 1: Open This PC.
    Double-click This PC on the desktop to open it.
    You can also open another folder such as Network, File Explorer, Recycle Bin, etc.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View menu.
    Click View, tap Show/hide in the menu, and check the small box before Hidden items in the sub-list.

Second Way :Show hidden files and folders in the Folder Options.

Step 1: Open Folder Options.
    Open This PC, click View and select Options.

Step 2: Show the hidden files and folders in the View settings.
    In the Folder Options window, choose View, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.

Luciferangel, Aug 21, 2020
  3. With show hidden files activated, how do I stop a specific hidden file on from showing the desktop?

I have "show hidden files" turned on and 99.9% of the time, no problem. But I do not want hidden files to show on the desktop and the usual Hide Selected Items option does not appear to work IF the file was a hidden one to begin with.

Desktop.ini is a hidden file that I can see in Explorer because Show Hidden Files is active.

But it is also visible on the desktop. Using View/Hide Selected Item will not hide it.

As View to Hide Selected Item does work for everything else on the desktop, I'm guessing there must be some other setting required. ??

Windows 10

JamesKatona, Aug 21, 2020
  4. landstad Win User

Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

Show / hide files HELP..

click on file, properties, the clicked on hidden.

landstad, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Hide file bypassing show hidden items?

1. Hide file bypassing show hidden items? - Similar Threads - Hide file bypassing

2. Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide files/folder from "Show hidden files": I want to copy make media file to a usb stick. And use android device to run those media But i dont wanna my file being copy easily So i wanna ask if there is a way to hide file/folder from normal "Show hidden files" setting in file explorer Back to around 2012 i remember...
  3. hide normal file/folders while still showing ALL the hidden system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hide normal file/folders while still showing ALL the hidden system files: So, I I've been trying to find a way to still be able to have hidden folders and files but still have every system file visible because I'm messing around and editing them constantly. I tried toggling show hidden files with hide system files unchecked but you know how that...
  4. hide normal file/folders while still showing ALL the hidden system files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hide normal file/folders while still showing ALL the hidden system files: So, I I've been trying to find a way to still be able to have hidden folders and files but still have every system file visible because I'm messing around and editing them constantly. I tried toggling show hidden files with hide system files unchecked but you know how that...
  5. Can't hide hidden files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't hide hidden files.: Whenever I do a document/file search on my computer it always shows a bunch of files that should be hidden and I can't seem to hide them. I have tried going into the folder options and making sure that show hidden files are off but it still makes no difference. Does anyone...
  6. hide the hidden network

hide the hidden network: I have already hidden my wifi from neighbors but still on my laptop its showing two wifi network the one is my original network lets say zx, below it a network name is coming "hidden network". if my neighbors can see a wifi network with named called hidden network then...
  7. Unable to hide my "hidden files"

Unable to hide my "hidden files": When I am using the file explorer, hidden files/folders are shown as lightly colored files/folders, which means they are hidden. In order to make them not show while I use the file explorer, I have to go to the view settings are change the "show hidden files/folders" setting...
  8. Unable hide my hidden files and folders

Unable hide my hidden files and folders: hello, recently i can not hide my hidden file and folders, when i go to the view tab in folder option and change the item in "DON'T SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS AND DRIVERS" after I click OK and Apply , it doesn't work and back to "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" and i always...
  9. Unable to click hidden items in file explorer

Unable to click hidden items in file explorer: I have been wondering why i cant click show hidden items in file explorer. It has been a problem for a while now and i do not know how to make it work. It started working again one time but then stopped working again....
  10. How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Add "Show/Hide Hidden Files" to Context Menu: Hey there, is it safe to use this approach and resource files in Windows 10 Anniversary? Thanks, 61516