Windows 10: Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems

Discus and support Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm at my wit's end. I've spent hours trying to *actually* hide some files, but it's not working. For some reason they still appear in the quick access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fulano44, Apr 17, 2021.

1. fulano44 Win User

Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems

I'm at my wit's end. I've spent hours trying to *actually* hide some files, but it's not working. For some reason they still appear in the quick access search, even though I have indexing for them turned off. Nothing I do works. The weird thing is they only appear in the quick access search, but nowhere else.

:)

fulano44, Apr 17, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick access (File Explorer) fails to search Pictures folder

• Quick access contains the folders: Documents, Music, Pictures, Video
    • On the right side of the window, there is a Quick access search field. Entering a search will find matching files in 3 folders but not matching files in the Pictures folder.
    • If I navigate directly to the Pictures folder then the search will work.
    • I’d like to fix where ever the problem is – with Quick access or the Pictures folder – and have QA searches work on all 4 folders.
    I’ve tried re-indexing / rebuilding the index and several other things, but the problem still remains. Crossing my fingers that someone here will post the much-hoped for solution!

3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems

Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems

1. Hide files from quick access search? indexing problems - Similar Threads - Hide files quick

2. How to hide files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access: [ATTACH]All your recently opened files and folders, including pinned folders, appear under the Quick Access location. The same holds true for office online files but if you do not want to show files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access, you can change this behavior and...
  3. Search and Indexing Problem

in Cortana
    Search and Indexing Problem: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Single Language... And I'm unable to type in certain apps such as window search the Mail app, Sticky Notes while I'm able to type in some apps such as Notepad... I had to open Notepad to type and copy from there and paste to the apps that I want to...
  4. Windows Search / File Indexing problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Search / File Indexing problems: It's been a while since I've been on TenForums. So, I built my system originally in 2012 on an already semi-old MSI board with an AMD Athlon II x4 and 8GB of RAM. As time has progressed, the OS has been upgraded from Windows 7, to 8, to 8.1, to 10, and the system has...
  5. File Search Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Search Indexing: Hello community, my files from a network mapped drive are not indexed. when i search a file from Windows Search, it does not find the file yet the is there on my network mapped drive. The workstation is running windows 10, my network folder is shared locally from Windows 10...
  6. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...
  7. Search & Index problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Search & Index problem: Hi, I have installed a program called Windows10 Manager. It has sub-program executables (independent of the main program) [img] I want to quick access them pressing the windows key and start typing their name which invokes suggestions. I have specifically indexed only...
  8. Hide Quick Access Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Quick Access Option: Is there a way to hide the "Quick Access" in Windows Explorer? Just curious. I know I can hide things from there in options but I wanted to see if I could get rid of it altogether. Thanks 53011
  9. Problems trying to search in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems trying to search in Quick Access: Last machine was Windows 7, where I could search all of Favorites for words that I knew were in the file I wanted. Or I'd search on name:[string], where [string] is part of the filename. Worked great. I can't get a search in Quick Access to find anything, unless I first...
  10. Hide Specific File or Folder from Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Specific File or Folder from Quick Access in Windows 10: How to: Hide Specific File or Folder from Quick Access in Windows 10 How to Hide a Specific File or Folder from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've...