Windows 10: Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

Discus and support Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paul Ngen, May 5, 2022.

1. Paul Ngen Win User

Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because it inherently creates backup files, but it makes it very hard to grab only the most recent files when I want to upload them.As an example, if you had a part with the file name FLANGE, it would be FLANGE.prt.1, and the next time you saved it it would be FLANGE.prt.2 and so on.Ideally I'd like a way to make the previous iter

:)

Paul Ngen, May 5, 2022

2. Can't Hide File Name Extension

I have a Problem, All my files are viewed with their File name extensions

Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names? 09280f43-d24a-4f27-9879-0fe3747b8273.png

Whenever i Uncheck the "file name extensions" from the View Tab it disappear for a while and then return back ( i cant deselect it )

and tried to choose hide name extensions from the folder options menu and also it come back

UPDATE:

It was Bitdefender who make it always not hidden as a more security level

Mohamed Magdy Gomaa, May 5, 2022
  3. red268 Win User
    Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, May 5, 2022
  4. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 5, 2022
Thema:

Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

1. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names? - Similar Threads - Hide files same

2. Keep files with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep files with the same name: I regularly have documents with the same name that I need to transfer to a folder and I want to select the option to not skip any files with the same name and just have them automatically renamed, rather than having to choose to keep both files each time....
  3. Keep files with the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep files with the same name: I regularly have documents with the same name that I need to transfer to a folder and I want to select the option to not skip any files with the same name and just have them automatically renamed, rather than having to choose to keep both files each time....
  4. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  5. Cannot delete file no extension name

Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  6. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  7. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  8. 2 Files with the same name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Files with the same name.: [ATTACH]So I am trying to replace some textures for an aircraft and I was able to replace the first file but the 2nd one I needed to replace has the exact same name as the first one. And when I try to paste the replacement for the 2nd file, it overwrites the first one....
  9. Multiple files with same name

Multiple files with same name: Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure...
  10. Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides file name...