Windows 10: Hide folder space usage

Discus and support Hide folder space usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way to hide file space usage so that it doesn't comes up in This PC. I have a big folder in my disk D so it's nearly full, but I don't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AbhinavAires, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Hide folder space usage

Is there a way to hide file space usage so that it doesn't comes up in This PC. I have a big folder in my disk D so it's nearly full, but I don't want my disk D to be shown as full after opening This PC. Is there a way to hide space usage for that folder.

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/AbhinavAires
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AbhinavAires, Mar 1, 2021
  2. Suman_B Win User

Temporarily hide a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to hide photos while working on Photos app, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. Are you aware of any recent changes made on your PC?
    2. What is the version and build of you operating system? In the
      Search box, type winver
      to get this info.

Since it takes a while for the folder to re-populate after removal from the Photos app, I have found a work around to hide the folder from Photos app by changing the hidden attributes.

Follow the steps to hide the Photo/ folder.

1. Right click on the Photo/ folder.
    2. Select properties.
    3. Check Hidden under General tab and hit apply
    4. The photo will be temporally hidden from photos app.

To unhide the Photo/ folder refer the below steps.

1. Click on files explorer.
    2. Select the View tab and check Hidden items to view the Photo/folder
    3. Right click on the Photo/folder
    4. Select properties, Uncheck Hidden and click on apply.
    5. The Photo will re-appear in the Photos app.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Suman_B, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Hide folder space usage :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Mar 1, 2021
  4. YoKid Win User

Hide folder space usage

Locking/Hiding Folders.

O, Im hiding the ummm......."Stuff other people don't need to know about" folder. *Stick Out Tongue Hide folder space usage :p

YoKid, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Hide folder space usage

1. Hide folder space usage - Similar Threads - Hide folder space

2. how to hide folders in this pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to hide folders in this pc: HI,I can't find a way to hide downloads music etc from this pc also the cd parition I need to leave only the 3 paritions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-folders-in-this-pc/2e5edce5-1404-4cd7-ab8e-a8d2a920768b
  3. How to check Disk Space Usage in a Folder in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to check Disk Space Usage in a Folder in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Has it ever happened to you that a disk is completely full but you don’t know why? In that case, we can check Disk Space Usage in a Folder to know how big a folder is and how much space is it taking. We have a few methods on how to do the same. Let us […] This...
  4. To Hide or Unhide Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Hide or Unhide Folders: In my user folder (ex: C:\Users\...) there are many .xxxx files from various programs I've installed. It would be nice to actually use my user folder, but with so many different program files the folder becomes a bit of a mess. I can easily make a folder and its contents...
  5. Un-Hide a folder

Un-Hide a folder: One of my folders has gone walkabouts since an update. My Pictures folder on my D: drive has vanished and I can only find some photo's but they were 'hidden' but the folder itself is not showing in the directory so I'm guessing it has somehow been hidden during the last...
  6. Temporarily hide a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporarily hide a folder: I have some photos on an external drive that I sometimes want to access from the Photos app, but I sometimes want to hide when I'm working in the Photos app. I know I can remove the folder from the app, then add it back, but my recollection is that when adding it back, it...
  7. Mismatched Space Usage

Mismatched Space Usage: First the backstory. I wanted to install optane memory but needed to meet a few criteria. The first being that my partition style needs to be GPT. The conversion is easy enough but it resulted in a 100MB EFI partition to the right of the main partition. It seems the...
  8. Network drive is hiding folders

Network drive is hiding folders: I'm transferring stuff from my wife's old computer to her new one. (She inherited her old computer from me several years ago, so I'm still a user on it). Mapped a drive to Users (\\ComputerName)(Z: ), On it are Me, Default, Default.migrated, Her and desktop.ini, nothing...
  9. Hide folder names?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide folder names?: Is there any way to hide folder names? But I do mean hide the name, not hide the folder or replace the folder name with a blank character. Like the "hide file names" option but for folders instead 44726
  10. Unexplained disk space usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexplained disk space usage: So I got a new Dell laptop with 120GB SSD, and I installed Windows 10 on it. After installation I had 90GB free space, and that seemed normal because I thought it needed space for all the system files. Then I installed Visual Studio and some minor programs and I was at 70GB....