Windows 10: Hide Graphical Boot Menu

Discus and support Hide Graphical Boot Menu in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I've just installed Macrium and put the recovery boot option on but now I see that every time I start my computer and even at 3 seconds, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mkr10001, Sep 30, 2018.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Hide Graphical Boot Menu

So I've just installed Macrium and put the recovery boot option on but now I see that every time I start my computer and even at 3 seconds, I don't want to be waiting for it to start because of that menu. Is there a way to turn that menu off, considering I can get to it anyway if I need to using esc during boot ?

:)

mkr10001, Sep 30, 2018
  2. AnnJuly Win User

Black screen on Graphical Boot Menu [Dual Boot]

I have somewhat non-standard installation:

• SSD1: Windows 10 (1)
    • SSD2: Windows 10 (2)
    It was working fine for almost a year. User could select OS via Metro Boot Menu.

Recently one of Windows (1) got Creator Update.

Today graphic boot menu only shows black screen. I can still select what windows to boot using arrows and hitting enter (blindly), so it's kinda working. However it's super inconvenient and I would like to get graphic boot menu back.

I have 2 monitors if it's matter. Fast boot is turned off. EascyBCD shows no errors in bootmanager, metro menu is active. Both OS works fine when loaded.

Any suggestions what could cause this and how can I fix it? Is'it boot menu/windows problem or monitor/graphic drivers maybe?

AnnJuly, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Attempted to do a Clean Boot but forgot to Hide Microsoft Services

Interesting scenario . . .

Try this:

• Reboot.
    • Turn the machine off with the power button when the spinning circle appears.
    • Repeat this exercise two more times.
    • Reboot. You will now get the boot menu.
    • Boot into Safe Mode and undo the fatal step. Alternatively you could use System Restore.

Frederik Long, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Hide Graphical Boot Menu

No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Hide Graphical Boot Menu

1. Hide Graphical Boot Menu - Similar Threads - Hide Graphical Boot

2. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  3. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  4. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to hide explorer menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to hide explorer menu: I have too much clutter with explorer. How can I hide explorer menu bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-explorer-menu/6d8b7d17-194d-4a03-848a-99a18e01e60f
  6. Hide Boot logo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Boot logo: How to hide boot logo without hide stauts bar in windows 10 IOT , bios - legacy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-boot-logo/c8ee10b2-57dd-4578-b8ac-66cde1c01e3e
  7. Hide Printserver from Explorer menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hide Printserver from Explorer menu?: Hello all Have just setup a completely new PC with Win10 to start using over my old machine with Win7. Am still using a lot of parts from the old setup though which one thing is my Networked Print Server unit. On my old Win7 unit and which also included 2 other Win7 PC's,...
  8. Windows 10 Graphical Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Graphical Boot Menu: I tried switching to the graphical boot menu though the cmd but when I restart it is still the text based one. Is there something I am missing? 74012
  9. graphical style dual boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    graphical style dual boot menu: Hi , I have a dual boot system ( windows 10 (1st default), windows 8.1 (2nd)) . The dual boot menu in windows 10 is graphical style but in windows 8.1 is classic , black-white line style . How can fix it , in order to have graphical mode both ? i don't like classic line...
  10. Can't get new style graphic boot menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get new style graphic boot menu.: I've been trying to get the new graphical boot menu, but the system insists on showing me the old style Windows 7 menu. What's more I couldn't get into the Advanced Startup stuff which allows System Reset and stuff like that until I did an in-place reinstall (using...