Windows 10: Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email

Discus and support Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've set up my Windows 10 mail so that multiple web-based email accounts all send email to my Windows10 email. This includes a substantial list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisSouther, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email

I've set up my Windows 10 mail so that multiple web-based email accounts all send email to my Windows10 email. This includes a substantial list of contacts on a gmail account.

But now, in addition to showing my Windows email "Inbox" it also shows all of the "Inboxes" for all of the other accounts I liked. So when I actually only have 4 email say, two for my primary account and 2 from my linked external accounts, mail says I have 6. And I can't just clear them in my primary account; I also have to clear them in my linked accounts.

Is there any way to link the accounts and have the email show up in my primary mail Inbox, but not show them on the "Accounts" sidebar?

:)

ChrisSouther, Feb 5, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 5, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Java/OpenStream.W.
    is this link and it does not apear that it sends emails
    http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-139044-en--Trojan.Downloader.Java.Openstream.W.html

Java/Rowindal.A
    IS this link, this also doesnt seem to send emails
    Trojan:Java/Rowindal Description | F-Secure Labs

They both however will download more maleware that may have been responsible for the emails

DRDNA, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email

1. Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email - Similar Threads - Hide linked email

2. Links in email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  3. Linked email accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Linked email accounts.: My sister in law created an msn account years ago and added another account for her brother. My brother wants to take ownership of his email so he doesnt have to get permissions from her main account. How can he do this and not lose his account? * Moved from MSN...
  4. Linked email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linked email accounts: We've been trying to remove my husband's hotmail account from Windows and Windows 365 but they keep popping up. We only want his one gmail account for all of his Windows accounts....
  5. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  6. links in emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    links in emails: I received an email with a link to a form I am required to fill out. However the link does not open but I get the message "you will need a new app to open this wlmailhtml. What app do I need??...
  7. Email links

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email links: Unable to open links in my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-links/eac3e806-0f2f-4ac7-aa0f-18c60a9f09aa
  8. Email Linked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Linked?: My past fathers account is stuck to mine, what can I do to remove it. He doesn't know anything either. Help is much appreciated Pic | | v [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-linked/7460f915-9332-4481-bb5b-4046d9b87c8b
  9. Email and linked accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email and linked accounts: I have a new surface and am trying to set it up with two of my email accounts. I thought I did everything correctly, including linking them so they would all come through email together but I am only getting the emails from one of the accounts and not the other even though...
  10. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071