Windows 10: Hide mapped directories

Discus and support Hide mapped directories in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to see ANY mapped directories when I am in another software trying to access files on my mapped drive. It this a security feature of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynnCSC, Feb 5, 2020.

1. LynnCSC Win User

Hide mapped directories

I am unable to see ANY mapped directories when I am in another software trying to access files on my mapped drive. It this a security feature of Windows 10?

Thanks

:)

LynnCSC, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Hide mapped directories

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Hide mapped directories

1. Hide mapped directories - Similar Threads - Hide mapped directories

2. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  3. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  4. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer hides a directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer hides a directory: Windows 11, about 3 weeks since install, more trouble every day.Open Windows Explorer and select drive E. It shows the top level, but, directory Bryan is missing.Making this short, opened a command line, change to that drive, do DIR. The directory is present.Copy it to...
  6. Windows Explorer hides a directory

Windows Explorer hides a directory: Windows 11, about 3 weeks since install, more trouble every day.Open Windows Explorer and select drive E. It shows the top level, but, directory Bryan is missing.Making this short, opened a command line, change to that drive, do DIR. The directory is present.Copy it to...
  7. Mapped network drive folder hides after launching EXE

Mapped network drive folder hides after launching EXE: hi, I have a mapped network drive which contains EXE or BAT files in a Win 10 machine. If I try to execute the file it opens EXE but root folder under the network drive which has the EXE hidden automatically. If i close EXE then folder appears again. Regards Renu...
  8. Remove, delete, or hide "Download maps for offline use"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove, delete, or hide "Download maps for offline use": I access my Downloads folder very regularly by searching in Start -- 10-15 times per day, usually. When I type "Downloads" in the start bar, "Download maps for offline use" appears at the top. I have absolutely no need for offline maps, and the result doesn't make sense...
  9. Offline maps - hiding ?

Offline maps - hiding ?: I have just downloaded a Win 10 offline map of my country And am unable to locate it on my C: drive Any idea where it is hiding ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-hiding/6373f14a-55e3-4cf9-941c-19e8f9da732e
  10. Map Network drive whilst signed via Azure Directory issue

Map Network drive whilst signed via Azure Directory issue: Folks I'm long standing Windows user and up to Windows 7 all has been absoluley fine. I'm now on a Windows 10 and I am pulling my hair out trying to connect to a drive or even to use workgroups. Its driving me crazy. So simple example on windows 7 this works for map...