Windows 10: "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out

Discus and support "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The option to hide modes that the monitor can't display is greyed out in the monitor tab in the advanced display properties. I also have the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OtakuAltair, Oct 20, 2020.

1. "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out

The option to hide modes that the monitor can't display is greyed out in the monitor tab in the advanced display properties. I also have the latest drivers for my monitor.

How do I fix this?

:)

OtakuAltair, Oct 20, 2020

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 20, 2020
  3. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

"Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out

Apps getting moved to Secondary monitor after PC wakes up from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the feature doesn’t work as it is supposed to. We will look into this. Please reply to the following questions:

• Are you facing the similar issue when making the laptop monitor as the Primary monitor?
    • What is model number of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to try updating the display drivers and check if that helps. Please follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the graphics driver.

Also, I suggest you to try removing the hidden monitor drivers and check if that makes a difference. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Monitors and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

"Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out

1. "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" greyed out - Similar Threads - Hide modes monitor

2. Display resolution greyed out. despite laptop previously displaying in 4k on monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display resolution greyed out. despite laptop previously displaying in 4k on monitor...: Hello, Having issues with display being greyed out, I am on a work laptop so cannot update drivers only a company admin can. Previously, it had let me display in 4k on my monitor so do not understand why it is no longer working.Thanks,J...
  3. Hide modes that this monitor cannot display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide modes that this monitor cannot display: The explanation why certain monitor can't have that option enabled or not is a little confusing, but I check on my device manager certain hidden drivers that supposed don't allow to enable this option and I found out generic and nor generic drivers and one little part of my...
  4. Hide modes that this monitor cannot display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide modes that this monitor cannot display: The explanation why certain monitor can't have that option enabled or not is a little confusing, but I check on my device manager certain hidden drivers that supposed don't allow to enable this option and I found out generic and nor generic drivers and one little part of my...
  5. airplane mode greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    airplane mode greyed out: last night i went to sleep with my laptop still turned on wifi etc and it kinda shut down because i didn't plug in charger and when i wake up to open it i realize the airplane mode is turned on i've tried plugging my wifi adapter in and out. the wifi option is available but...
  6. 2nd monitor is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor is greyed out: Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a grey screen. I've tried a HDMI, DP cable, everything. I tried to use another monitor with my video card and the monitor worked...
  7. cannot get out of s mode. "get" is greyed out

cannot get out of s mode. "get" is greyed out: cannot get out of s mode. running widows 10 home. "get" button is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-out-of-s-mode-get-is-greyed-out/1cba1473-a8e8-4446-84b8-d51e0c9217f2
  8. Airplane Mode Greyed Out

Airplane Mode Greyed Out: I have been happy with Windows10 for a while now, but over the last 2 days I have been unable to connect to the internet as all of a sudden I am in airplane mode which is quite strange as I do not have the option of turning it on or off. Please could somebody advise me how to...
  9. Airplane mode is Greyed out

Airplane mode is Greyed out: windows 10 Version 1803 (OS build 17134.472) Lenovo think Pad T430s the airplane button is greyed out and is turned on. I am unable to use wifi. The switch on the side of laptop is turned on. The FN key method is not working. Please help....
  10. Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out

Second Display Monitor Resolution Greyed Out: I switched out to a new computer a few months ago, and I still cannot figure this out. I used the same two monitors with my last Windows 10 HP computer, and my Dell monitor is locked in a low resolution with this new Dell computer. Everything is fully updated, including the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cara menampilkan hide modes that this monitor cannot display

2. windows 7 hide modes that monitor inactive