Windows 10: Hide News and Interests for new users

Discus and support Hide News and Interests for new users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello!How can I hide the News and Interests widget from taskbar but for new users ?Clarification I don't want to use a policy neither Group Policy or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mathissuper, May 25, 2021.

1. Hide News and Interests for new users

Hello!How can I hide the News and Interests widget from taskbar but for new users ?Clarification I don't want to use a policy neither Group Policy or HKLM\Software\Policies.For the current user I'm editing the registry, more precisely the key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Feeds\ShellFeedsTaskbarViewMode.By default the value is set to 0, which means "Weat

:)

mathissuper, May 25, 2021

2. Adding a new user

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type settings on the Windows search bar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts, and click on
      Family & other users
      on the left pane.

• Now you can add new user account.
    Also visit the below link on how to create new user account. (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Create a user account in Windows

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 new istallation wrong user name for user folder

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps

To do so, please follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and click
      Ok.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions. Check if the issue persists in the new user account.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 25, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Hide News and Interests for new users

New user setting to hide or show Google Meet in Gmail

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New user setting to hide or show Google Meet in Gmail

Brink, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Hide News and Interests for new users

1. Hide News and Interests for new users - Similar Threads - Hide News Interests

2. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  3. News and Interests on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  4. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  5. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  6. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  7. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  8. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  9. Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Manage interests button not working in new News & Interests taskbar: So I finally got around to messing with this after it was just pushed to my device a few days back. I clicked the manage interests button and it was opening my browser but I was unable to manage my interests anywhere I could see. Turns out you can only manage them if you use...
  10. Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

Hide News and Interests in Windows 10: With the next release of Windows 10, Microsoft is testing News and Interests on the taskbar. With News and Interests, you get a quick glance of dynamic content throughout the day. This article discusses how to show or Hide News and Interests in the taskbar. As News and...