Windows 10: Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide News and Interests in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; With the next release of Windows 10, Microsoft is testing News and Interests on the taskbar. With News and Interests, you get a quick glance of dynamic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sumit Volunteer Moderator, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

With the next release of Windows 10, Microsoft is testing News and Interests on the taskbar. With News and Interests, you get a quick glance of dynamic content throughout the day. This article discusses how to show or Hide News and Interests in the taskbar. As News and Interests is just a taskbar feature, you can either hide it or configure it to show the icon only.

Hide News and Interests in Windows 10 0a43dc48-c907-484c-8806-0b4fd8f16148?upload=true.jpg

Disable News and Interests on Windows 10

To enable or Disable News and Interests in the taskbar, see the steps below:

1. Right-click the Taskbar on the desktop.

2. Click News and Interests.

3. Select Turn off from the list of options.

4. If you want an icon only related to weather, select show Icon only.

Hide News and Interests in Windows 10 bba8d0b5-2fcb-4a94-aa45-3af7a0fab8f7?upload=true.png

These steps can help you disable News and Interests on the taskbar.

:)

Sumit Volunteer Moderator, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

hiding windows 10 update

Microsoft has released a free utility to hide available Windows Updates and driver updates for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to use show or hide updates to hide Windows updates

Step 1: Click
    here
    to download Show or hide updates utility.

Step 2: Run the utility. Click Next button to let the tool search for available Windows updates as well as driver updates.

Step 3: When you see the "Show or hide updates" screen, click Hide updates to view all available Windows and driver updates.

Step 4: Select updates that you want to hide. Click Next button.

You will see Troubleshooting has completed message in a few seconds with the name of update(s) that you just made hidden.

Hope my answer comes in handy.

You might also interested in
    How to disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10
    guide.

PeterPeng3, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

1. Hide News and Interests in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide News Interests

2. News and Interests not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests not loading: News and Interests not loading after forcing to add it by cmd -_-can someone help before i destroy another keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-not-loading/795362fb-21c4-4773-90b1-aa4b39d4d83f
  3. Microsoft introduces news and interests on the Windows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introduces news and interests on the Windows 10 taskbar: As people spend more time on their Windows PCs, working, learning, connecting and creating, we’re making it easier to access personalized content that is available at a glance and updated throughout the day. News and interests on the Windows taskbar will begin...
  4. News and Interest icon is blur

News and Interest icon is blur: Hi community,I discovered a problem with news and interests ,the problem is the icon is blur and i dont think it shld be like that . Can anyone help me with this . you can get to know the detail in the screenshot below.Regards ,Manas...
  5. News & Interests, NOW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    News & Interests, NOW: If you like, you don't have to wait to have this until sometime in May when you will, anyway... This, now available April 28, 21, as an Optional Update in WU puts News & Interests on the taskbar, now. It, also, has these 2 things KB501391Updates an issue to prevent blank...
  6. Edge Widget vs News & Interests

Edge Widget vs News & Interests: Here is a look at BOTH Edge Widget & News & Interests. N&I attached to taskbar. Widget can be anywhere & size-variable; can also be horizontal. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew[ATTACH]...
  7. News and interests keep loading

News and interests keep loading: I recently updated my Windows 10 from insider dev program to Windows 10 Insider Preview 21313.1000 rs_prerelease and got new News and section toolbar on taskbar. Although feature is available but whenever I hover my cursor over it or click iteven double click it keeps on...
  8. News & Interests only one column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests only one column: My 'News & Interests' flyout is only one column whereas I believe it should be two, see screenshot [img] Any ideas? 172270
  9. hide news feed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hide news feed: How can I permanently hide news feed from edge start page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/hide-news-feed/6641b9fd-57f7-4d4b-a752-67ee843e7319
  10. Interesting news for VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Interesting news for VMs: Got this in an E-Mail a few minutes ago: The Dell EMC deal: 5 things customers should know | ZDNet 26231