Windows 10: Hide or remove user image at logon window

Discus and support Hide or remove user image at logon window in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen? I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by amaru96, Dec 20, 2015.

1. amaru96 Win User

Hide or remove user image at logon window

Hi guys, is there a way to hide or remove the user picture at the login screen?

I've managed to change the background image of the login screen, but that big circle that shows a picture of the user is pointless and ruins my image.

Hide or remove user image at logon window [​IMG]

:)

amaru96, Dec 20, 2015

2. I cannot add a Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

I am sorry... I should have checked.

I have made the following modifications to the registry to hide the account.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

and set a DWORD key with my user name and
    value 0

That should have removed it from the user list at logon.

However I find it a security bug that accounts hidden this was do not appear in the user accounts list.

Changing the registry value to 1 has revealed the user in the list

LaurFlorin, Dec 20, 2015
  3. bigburn2 Win User
    different logon screen for different users windows 10

I have windows 10 with two users with one user the logon screen (the screen displaying user name and asks for password) one user has a static screen so that every time you logon you get the same screen the other changes every time I logon. How can I change
    it sp that both have different images when ever I logon ?

bigburn2, Dec 20, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

You'll need to be signed on as Administrator and show 'hidden files, folders and drives' in Folder Options.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures and rename the 448X448 user.png to user.pak, (or something).

Edwin, Dec 20, 2015
  5. amaru96 Win User
    Hi, I renamed the file and restarted but the user image is still there.

I also cleared any files in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures to be sure but didn't help.

I should also mention this is a local account, not a Windows live account.

amaru96, Dec 20, 2015
  6. sott Win User
    Just deleted all images in the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures and it still didn't work. I have searched a lot on the Internet and eventually find a method (Part 4 described in the article below) that really works:
    How to Change or Remove User Account Picture in Windows 10 / 8

After deleting the hidden folder C:\Users\Public\AccountPictures and the account picture was successfully removed from Windows sign-in screen. I hope this will also work for others!

7. amaru96 Win User
    Thanks Sott, that did it! What a pain though, you'd think MS would just add a tick box to say show/hide user image!

Thanks again!

amaru96, Dec 23, 2015
  8. ghostdog Win User

Thanks FOR THE tip! and for the question! Have been trying to find a solution to this issue irrupting issue *Smile

ghostdog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide or remove user image at logon window - Similar Threads - Hide remove user

2. Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon when with Logging into Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon when with Logging into Windows 10?: This is a question response to the following: Is it possible to hide/remove the user icon when with Logging into Windows 10? The answer is yes. Set the background screen to black. Set the icon color to black. Alter the icon color to the darkest it can go, and the icon will no...
  3. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon: I ask that users enter a Username and Password. By doing so, we get the “Other User” text and profile picture. I changed the “other user” text, but cannot remember how to change the picture associated with it. I have done this once before, so I know it can be done, but I can...
  4. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon: I ask that users enter a Username and Password. By doing so, we get the “Other User” text and profile picture. I changed the “other user” text, but cannot remember how to change the picture associated with it. I have done this once before, so I know it can be done, but I can...
  5. How to customize “Other User” profile image on interactive logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  7. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....
  8. How to hide a user account from the logon screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide a user account from the logon screen?: I'm trying to create a user account that I need to run some apps with using a remote connection. (The reason for a separate account is so that I can assign it a special set of permissions/privileges.) If I create just another user account, it shows up in the logon screen....
  9. Force User Preparation on User Logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Force User Preparation on User Logon: Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but the Start menu isn't working. I suspect this is because the OS never performs its...
  10. Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide email / Ms user account at logon screen - Security !!: Hi there. I stupidly signed on with an Ms user ID - so at login time it shows my user name (on the computer) + the email address (Ms account user name) on the login. The old Local user just gave you your USER Name - and a panel to enter the password. On the Ms user...