Windows 10: Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; @SaggyMaggyPoo have you considered setting up a local Administrator's account and using that? If you do that only the User Name will show. An off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Night Hawk, Apr 24, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

An off topic question :

My question is about Win 10 10586.318. Not Insider Preview.

I have always been using my Microsoft account to sign in.

If I use a local admin account, will I be able to download and install apps from Windows Store ?
    Are there any other restrictions using a local admin account ?
    Thank you.

davidhk, May 11, 2016
  2. OldMike65 Win User

David have you read this tutorial yet?? it might help you.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, May 11, 2016
  3. davidhk Win User
    It is not about the built-in Admin account.

I have not enabled it since Win 7 days.
    I am asking about MS account and local account, both set as admin.

davidhk, May 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

My " beef " is the same as SaggyMaggyPoo, except that my question is about my Win 10 RTM, 10586.318.
    Issue :
    On my sign in page, my email address is visible.
    Looking a way to hide the email address from sign in page.

davidhk, May 11, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    From what MS says.....

You need a Microsoft account and Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 10 to get apps from the Windows Store

OldMike65, May 11, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    I don't use the sign in page have that turned off, as I am only person on this computer. I login without any sign in page ever showing .....Never see my email address during boot up.

OldMike65, May 11, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Switched to local account.
    Email address is hidden on sign in page.
    As for Windows Store, I need to enter my MS account password. Just one extra step. No big deal.

(step 6 in OPTION TWO) https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

My issue is settled.

davidhk, May 11, 2016
  8. Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

You could see your system set up for automatic login with the MS account assigned! That was how the admin account was set up on the main here for auto login on the MS side as well as simply seeing the desktop appear. Recording VMs until the last build was out with this option now being seen has made life a bit easier as the address is hidden by default.

For the TH2 build there it seems you already solved your own problem.

Night Hawk, May 12, 2016
  9. groze Win User
    groze, May 12, 2016
  10. Not for simply grabbing any free stuff there. Even when booted into the local account you simply click on the MS pinned icon if not tile to go for VLC or another free item without any account required. That includes going there from an Insider build.

For the direct upgrades not clean install you should also be finding the Windows DVD Player has gone on as a separate update automatically. Won't see that on the Insider Preview builds however.

Night Hawk, May 12, 2016
  11. groze Win User
    Insider builds may not be able to do what the article described but official releases still should be able to. I tested out by creating a local administrate account. What I did is opened up the store, then clicked the person icon in the upper right of the window, then select the Microsoft account in the popup that appears & then enter your email address & password--then choose sign in to just this app instead. Any apps installed will be associated with that Microsoft account you signed in with. Another words it will remain in your library tell you close your Microsoft account or Microsoft allows you to delete apps in your library.

groze, May 12, 2016
  12. That's still a web based sign in that can be totally separate from any local MS account you sign into. I have the main here set for the automatic sign in for the account used for the Insider program while if I click on the MS store icon I arrive in Edge regardless of not seeing Edge set as the default browser with another account already signed into. That is strictly web based there.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide or Show Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show Email

2. Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address: Hey all. Updated to Windows 11 and since then, my login ID when rebooting only shows the first 5 letters of my login ID email. This is the same 5 letters Windows 11 chose for my C: User name for some reason.When I complete the rest of the login ID, windows logs me in as...
  3. Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in screen shows only partial login ID of email address: Hey all. Updated to Windows 11 and since then, my login ID when rebooting only shows the first 5 letters of my login ID email. This is the same 5 letters Windows 11 chose for my C: User name for some reason.When I complete the rest of the login ID, windows logs me in as...
  4. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  5. Wrong email address for signing in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email address for signing in: I'm signing into my account everywhere using a personal email address me@mydomain which is set as my primary and only sign-in alias at account.live.com/signinpreferences. But, when I go to account.microsoft.com/profile under account info, it insists that my other *** Email...
  6. Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, the Network icon (or Wi-Fi icon) is visible on both the sign-in […] This article Show or hide Network icon on Sign-in screen and Lock screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. remove email address from sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove email address from sign-in screen: 1. I don't want my email address shown on the sign-in screen of Windows 10 Home. How can I remove it? I have already switched the option ' Show account details such as email address on the sign-in screen' (settings ->Accounts->Sign-in options->Privacy) to OFF, but my email...
  8. Change Windows 10 sign-in email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Windows 10 sign-in email address: I have a new email address and soon intend to stop using the email address associated with my Windows account. Can you please give me up-to-date details of how to do this. I know this question has been asked before, but the replies in the locked thread (now 2 years old) are...
  9. email address shows on log in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    email address shows on log in screen: Jut had a Windows update (Sept 17 2016) and now on the log in screen it shows my preferred picture and beneath it my email address (Microsoft account). It did not do this before. How can I revert back to picture only. Win 10 Home Edition (upgraded from Win7 last year)...
  10. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to Windows...