Windows 10: Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome

Discus and support Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome Hide or Show Scheme and WWW Subdomains of URLs in Google Chrome Address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by object13, Sep 20, 2016.

1. object13 Win User

Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome

How to: Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome

Hide or Show Scheme and WWW Subdomains of URLs in Google Chrome Address Bar

Starting with Google Chrome 69, Google has decided to hide the scheme (ex: "HTTPS:") and trivial subdomains (ex" "WWW" and "M") from steady state displayed URLs in the address bar of Chrome by default.

While, you can still see the full URL address showing its scheme and subdomains when you double click on the address bar to edit the UR, it's just not the same as seeing the full URL in the address bar by default.

Not seeing the full URL of a site in the address bar by default could be a security risk since you may actually be on a completely different site than the one you wanted.

In addition, due to bugs in this implementation, the "www" string could be stripped incorrectly and thus display an incorrect URL in the address bar.

As stated by a Chromium developer in the behavior's bug report, the www and m (for mobile) subdomains are being classified by Google as "trivial" subdomains because they feel most people do not need to be concerned with the information they represent.

If you like, you can disable the Omnibox UI Hide Steady-State URL Scheme and Trivial Subdomains experimental flag in Google Chrome to show the scheme and subdomains for the full URL in the address bar by default again.

Starting with Google Chrome 76, this experimental flag has been renamed to Omnibox UI Hide Steady-State URL Trivial Subdomains.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable showing the scheme (ex: HTTP) and trivial subdomains (ex: WWW) of URLs in the address bar of Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Hide or Show Scheme and Subdomains in address bar of Google Chrome

Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    *Arrow chrome://flags/#omnibox-ui-hide-steady-state-url-trivial-subdomains
    3. Select Default (hide all), Enabled (show only HTTPS), or Disabled (show HTTPS and WWW) for what you want in the Omnibox UI Hide Steady-State URL Trivial Subdomains flag drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

object13, Sep 20, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. kado897 Win User
    kado897, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Tutorial updated for Google Chrome 76. *Smile

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. kado897 Win User
    Latest Google Chrome Released for Windows

Yes, it is all explained here.https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...s-address-bar/

kado897, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Hide Show WWW

2. hiding/showing task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hiding/showing task bar: Since the last update 14th Sept, having problem with my task bar displaying. I have it set to hide when not in use, and display on top of other screens by dropping my mouse down. But since this update, the bar dose not display on top. Bringing my mouse down will make it pop...
  3. How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Google Cast toolbar icon in Chrome: If you often mirror your web browser on an external display, you can show Google Cast toolbar icon in Google Chrome to get things done faster. It is possible to show or hide the Google Cast toolbar icon using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. Google Cast...
  4. Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs: Starting in version 90, Chrome’s address bar will use https:// by default, improving privacy and even loading speed for users visiting websites that support HTTPS. Chrome users who navigate to websites by manually typing a URL often don’t include...
  5. Google Chrome's Homepage centrally located search bar is gone. Only URL is there.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome's Homepage centrally located search bar is gone. Only URL is there.: The Google search bar has disappeared when I click on my Google Chrome desktop icon. The URL bar is still there at the top but only that. Also in the top right corner was 1 click access to my Gmail account. That too has gone. Does anyone know how I can restore that...
  6. Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85

in Windows 10 News
    Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85: Google has tried on and off for years to hide full URLs in Chrome's address bar, because apparently long web addresses are scary and evil. Despite the public backlash that came after every previous attempt, Google is pressing on with new plans to hide all parts of web...
  7. After clicking Google Chrome short cut, and typing URL on address bar, I get message Aw...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After clicking Google Chrome short cut, and typing URL on address bar, I get message Aw...: After clicking Google Chrome short cut, and typing URL on address bar, I get message Aw snap. What could be the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clicking-google-chrome-short-cut-and-typing/28e37dc0-7579-4f90-950a-e0b33ec2522d
  8. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  9. Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome: How to: Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome How to Hide or Show Shortcuts on New Tab Page in Google Chrome When you open a new tab Ctrl+N in Google Chrome, you will see shortcuts of websites you visit often by default under the search box. When...
  10. Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows How to Hide or Show Home Button in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home [img] button in homepage. This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the Home button in Google Chrome for...