Windows 10: hide osd stopped working on 21h2, How can I revert without causing additional issues.

Discus and support hide osd stopped working on 21h2, How can I revert without causing additional issues. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; yes the volume osd annoys me so much that I would rather not update submitted by /u/Cold-Floor- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cold-Floor-, May 25, 2022.

1. hide osd stopped working on 21h2, How can I revert without causing additional issues.

yes the volume osd annoys me so much that I would rather not update

submitted by /u/Cold-Floor-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cold-Floor-, May 25, 2022
  2. VarunAgw Win User

Hide Volume OSD in Windows

I want to hide this OSD (preferably only the second bigger part of it containing controls for chrome.exe).

Is it possible to do so without installing any additional software using Windows Registry or something?

I am also interested in knowing if it's possible to change its position to perhaps bottom-right corner. Is it possible to do so?

hide osd stopped working on 21h2, How can I revert without causing additional issues. sx2Wc.png

VarunAgw, May 25, 2022
  3. inferKNOX Win User
    TechPowerUp OSD Server Beta Thread

Version 0.0.5 works in:
    R.U.S.E.
    Split Second
    Zombie Driver
    *Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    *Medal of Honor (Single Player)
    *Mass Effect 2
    *Prince of Persia: The forgotten Sands
    **Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    *** CnC 3 & CnC 3: Kane's Wrath

Note:
    * upon exiting the game back to Windows, error message would be displayed in Windows, saying that the game has "stopped working".
    ** when resolution is changed on menu screen, the sizing of everything becomes distorted because resolution changes, but menu size remains the same (issue was reproduced and confirmed to be caused by the OSD in CoD4:MW and CoD:MW2).
    *** upon exiting the game, there is a significant delay before the game exits and the desktop is displayed.

Version 0.0.5 has issues in:
    Bioshock 2
    • flashes momentarily when game is started, but does not show afterward.
    • causes game to hang on exiting game.
    Medal of Honor (Multiplayer)
    • upon launching game, the game crashes.
    EDIT:
    Version 0.0.5 works in:
    Crysis 2
    Dead Space 2 - but causes game to hang on exiting game.

inferKNOX, May 25, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

hide osd stopped working on 21h2, How can I revert without causing additional issues.

Webcam OSD notifications stopped working in Windows 10

Hi,

As my laptop (Fujitsu Win10 Pro x64) doesn't have a LED notifying whenever camera is in use, I used the registry keys as per

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r-webcam/caf1fff4-78d3-4b93-905b-ef657097a44e

In the first instance, I set only key NoPhysicalCameraLED in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\OEM\Device\Capture.

It worked for a while (showing a notification in the upper left corner, just like volume or brightness), then it stopped.

I found out that there are two keys in the registry, set also the second one in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\OEM\Device\Capture

It worked again for a while, then I installed Update 1803 and after a few days, the notifications are again gone.

The OSD notifications for Volume and Screen brightness are visible.

I spent one week searching the internet for a similar issue, but none found.

sfc /scannow showed no issues.

Do you have any ideas, please?

Tenforo, May 25, 2022
Thema:

hide osd stopped working on 21h2, How can I revert without causing additional issues.

1. hide osd stopped working on 21h2, How can I revert without causing additional issues. - Similar Threads - hide osd stopped

2. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  3. how can I hide unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I hide unwanted updates: I have updates for an old 2007 MS Project. How do I get rid of , or hide, the updates? I uninstalled Project 2007.Update for Microsoft Office 2007 suites KB2767916The 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 3 SP3Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1...
  4. How can I get rid of Sound Meter OSD

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get rid of Sound Meter OSD: I am trying to do this for long years! I like to adjust the volume, but the OSD sound meter that appears on the screen stays there for 5 seconds. When I want to click on something that this useless thing, I wait for 5 seconds, doing nothing. This meter is useless, I don't...
  5. How can I get Hide Volume OSD to work with the new Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I get Hide Volume OSD to work with the new Windows 10 update?: @UnlimitedStack posted a solution to permanently hide the volume bar popup, as he advertised in response to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-disableconfigure-volume-osdoverlay-that/e0291ddd-d060-4bf8-aa64-157d849d95e7...
  6. How can I disabled the sound OSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I disabled the sound OSD?: This: https://i.imgur.com/iGpncP0.png I want to COMPLETELY disable it. I never want to see this frustratingly annoying piece of crap any more. Does anyone know how? I've googled around and I can see how people are disabling it for Chrome itself. But I don't ever want to see...
  7. Can I revert resolution without display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I revert resolution without display?: I started using chrome remote desktop and it changed my screen resolution in Windows. My monitor then stopped receiving a signal because it was out of range so to try and fix this I deleted the device in the remote desktop app. Now no display works with my PC, can I revert...
  8. How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD?

How Can I Remove the Play Controls from the Volume OSD?: When I change the volume play controls also pop up. They are rather large and obtrusive, so I would like to disable it. It only starting doing this recently(I think a cat on the keyboard changed a setting), previously only the volume showed up. I couldn't find anything for...
  9. hide additional search information

in Cortana
    hide additional search information: I've just reinstalled windows 10 pro with the latest updates and I've noticed that my search menu looks a bit different. There's a large space on the right with additional information that I don't want to see. Is there anyone to minimize or collapse this? [ATTACH]...
  10. How can I undo an update that has caused my computer to stop working properly?

How can I undo an update that has caused my computer to stop working properly?: On August 25th, 2018 I downloaded some pictures from my SD card, but somehow it got screwed up and now since then my computer hasn't been operating. When I go into settings and look for updates, there is a security update on my computer from August 26th, but it is an error...