Windows 10: Hide Other WiFi connections

Discus and support Hide Other WiFi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I live in quite a dense neighbourhood, meaning there are hundreds of wifi connections around. windows does it best to show me these, when in truth I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gordo, Jul 13, 2016.

1. gordo Win User

Hide Other WiFi connections

I live in quite a dense neighbourhood, meaning there are hundreds of wifi connections around. windows does it best to show me these, when in truth I do not need or want this long list. I only want my own connection and perhaps the HP network printer I have.

seem to remember there was a way of doing this in win 7 is there one for win 10 ?

help appreciated *Wink

:)

gordo, Jul 13, 2016

2. windows 10 how to connect wifi hide broadcast automatic

how can make a connection to wifi hide broadcast in automatic mode, i need to make a manual conectionallways??

ArmandoVilla, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Htc 7 trophy hidden wifi connection?

WP7 cannot currently connect to hidden WiFi points. This is apparently being fixed in the Mango update. If you're using WPA encryption, hiding your WiFi point does nothing for security.

Entegy, Jul 13, 2016
  4. robgr Win User

robgr, Jul 13, 2016
  5. gordo Win User
    thanks but that didn't do it ...

gordo, Jul 13, 2016
  6. gordo Win User
  7. robgr Win User
    Thanks gordo for posting the fix, I can see this being useful

robgr, Jul 13, 2016
  8. gordo Win User

I used this before but took me ages to find it, thought had been taken down ..

gordo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide Other WiFi connections - Similar Threads - Hide WiFi connections

2. WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection: My desktop computer on Windows 10 has been directly connected to my router. I wish to disconnect it to move to another room. However when I do, I can not get the list of network connections through WiFi. The little icon showing the waves does not appear on my task bar....
  3. Other WiFi networks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other WiFi networks: How do I remove the unknown visible WiFi networks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-wifi-networks/4f99edfb-10b6-467f-9a43-fd0914da5598"
  4. Wifi Connection

Wifi Connection: Just the past couple days Ive been having this problem where my wifi just drops an insane amount. It doesn't disconnect but it just slows down. I went into the command prompt and checked my ping and it sits at about 1ms for about 10 seconds then it jumps up to almost 3000....
  5. Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.

Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.: So in my house we have to wifi connections but it wont connect to my main internet. it will connect to are bad internet that is always in and out and just has a poor connection. but are main one I was connect too yesterday evening and when I went to get on my internet that...
  6. wifi connection

wifi connection: I have issues with my Wi-Fi connection, I can't connect to my HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-connection/1dde0ccd-9f06-4c53-8e21-af9178dd1279
  7. How to hide wifi networks

How to hide wifi networks: Hi, When I click on wifi icon there are so many funny wifi names showing, some of my neighbors use these types of wifi names (Example: Ready to Mingle, Bathroom Cam 2, Close your bathroom curtains, Your Brain On Drugs) to shock me But I don't want to see their wifi names....
  8. WiFi Connectivity

WiFi Connectivity: I was in the middle of using the internet and it just disconnected. My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi I have through AT&T. Everyone, including myself, in my home can connect their phones and iPads to it but not my laptop. I did not restart my router because all other...
  9. Wifi connection

Wifi connection: Recently my pc has been having issues with its wifi. it will work for about 30 min then stop , it still says coneected to wifi and says its getting internet but any app requiring wifi fails to work but turning my wifi toggle in the windows 10 settings off then on fixes it but...
  10. Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?

Disallow users from connecting to other WiFis?: Hi, I run an office with Windows 10 on all the PC. Well, except maybe three. Anyways, I want to allow connection to only one WiFi, which is my WiFi. How do I do this? This is to prevent users from connecting to their Hotspots and stealing my data. Thank you. *Smile...