Windows 10: Hide Other WiFi connections

Discus and support Hide Other WiFi connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I live in quite a dense neighbourhood, meaning there are hundreds of wifi connections around. windows does it best to show me these, when in truth I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gordo, Jul 13, 2016.

1. gordo Win User

Hide Other WiFi connections

I live in quite a dense neighbourhood, meaning there are hundreds of wifi connections around. windows does it best to show me these, when in truth I do not need or want this long list. I only want my own connection and perhaps the HP network printer I have.

seem to remember there was a way of doing this in win 7 is there one for win 10 ?

help appreciated *Wink

:)

gordo, Jul 13, 2016

2. windows 10 how to connect wifi hide broadcast automatic

how can make a connection to wifi hide broadcast in automatic mode, i need to make a manual conectionallways??

ArmandoVilla, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Htc 7 trophy hidden wifi connection?

WP7 cannot currently connect to hidden WiFi points. This is apparently being fixed in the Mango update. If you're using WPA encryption, hiding your WiFi point does nothing for security.

Entegy, Jul 13, 2016
  4. robgr Win User

robgr, Jul 13, 2016
  5. gordo Win User
    thanks but that didn't do it ...

gordo, Jul 13, 2016
  6. gordo Win User
  7. robgr Win User
    Thanks gordo for posting the fix, I can see this being useful

robgr, Jul 13, 2016
  8. gordo Win User

I used this before but took me ages to find it, thought had been taken down ..

gordo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide Other WiFi connections - Similar Threads - Hide WiFi connections

2. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  3. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to other PC via WiFi: HiI have 2 PC, both are Windows 10 Home Edition, I try to connect it to each other via WiFi in same network, here is what i've done :1. in my network setting properties i set Network Profile to Private.2. in Advanced Sharing Setting :- Private current profile i select Turn on...
  4. Connect to other PC via WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi

no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi: no internet connection, yet other laptop is connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-connection-yet-other-laptop-is/569a755f-0643-4023-8241-6515c96c74e5
  6. Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi

Can't Connect to Other Wifi After Connected to Office Wifi: After I connect my notebook to my office wifi, I can't connect to other wifi anymore i.e. my smartphone hotspot. I did assume that my smartphone hotspot might goes wrong, but I've try to connect other device to my smartphone hotspot, and it works well. If I try to connect my...
  7. Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi is not showing connections but other devices are showing the connections!: Wifi is on but it is not showing a single wifi connection, I have tried reinstalling of drivers from device managers but it doesn't work, kindly reply asap. What are the possible causes for the same, kindly give some suggestions. [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other networks work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  9. Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices

Can't connect to home WiFi other network work, can connect to the WiFi on other devices: Hello there, I'm having troubles connecting to my home WiFi on both of my Windows 10 machines. I can connect on both computers to other networks, including a mobile 4G+ hotspot. When I try to connect to the network, it asks me for the password and I see the following...
  10. Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.

Internet connect to one wifi connection but not the other.: So in my house we have to wifi connections but it wont connect to my main internet. it will connect to are bad internet that is always in and out and just has a poor connection. but are main one I was connect too yesterday evening and when I went to get on my internet that...