Windows 10: Hide program folders through registry editor....

Discus and support Hide program folders through registry editor.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop. Needing to hide a complete folder for gaming app under the 'Windows(C:)\Program Files' folder. I want to use registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaginItalian, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Hide program folders through registry editor....

I have a Windows 10 laptop. Needing to hide a complete folder for gaming app under the 'Windows(CHide program folders through registry editor.... :)\Program Files' folder. I want to use registry editor to do this as kid too smart to know about the standard hidden files function. So need to find the key and use the appropriate command in registry to hide this a bit more clandestinely. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

:)

RaginItalian, Oct 25, 2020
  2. YoKid Win User

Locking/Hiding Folders.

Hi,
    I'm just looking for another program that would let me hide/lock some of the folders on my computer. Of course, easy to use and doesnt effect my computer in anyway.

I am using "Folder Lock" at the moment, but it is causing some trouble with blue screens popping up randomly (the windrvNT.Sys). I did a little research and was told that I either need to uninstall Folder Lock or rename the windrvNT.sys file, but it's such a pain; so thats why I'm here looking for a better program to lock/hide my folders/files.

*Note: I'm looking for a "program", not a trick *Eek! Hide program folders through registry editor.... :eek: .
    Thanks in Advance~

YoKid-

YoKid, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Hide program folders through registry editor.... :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Oct 25, 2020
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Hide program folders through registry editor....

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Hide program folders through registry editor....

1. Hide program folders through registry editor.... - Similar Threads - Hide program folders

2. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry Editor: Is it a bad policy for anyone to put a screenshot of any part of the Registry Editor here in the Microsoft Community?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editor/0414b1f2-50cf-4d94-9c9f-20665a45b5cb
  3. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  4. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: I am trying to turn on my kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection, got to the Registry Editor and do to how sensitive this is I would like to ask if I should make a new FeatureSettings called FeatureSettingsOverride? I was following what it says here...
  5. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  6. The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.

The WindowsUpdate folder is missing in the registry editor.: Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 Installed on ‎27/‎11/‎2022 OS build 22621.525 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22634.1000.0 I had tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, but it didn't work.I wonder if importing the Windows update folder...
  7. Registry editors

Registry editors: What is the safest registry editor product for Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-editors/6183e553-c449-4119-9f14-e55e2eed69d5
  8. Registry Editor

Registry Editor: So I was looking for a way to optimize my pc's gaming performance and I tried optimization tweaks and mistakingly messed wth the registry editor and permissions so if i try to open file explorer or most windows apps like RunTimeBroker it says i either don't have it installed...
  9. How to change accent color through registry editor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change accent color through registry editor?: Hello! I've seen many tutorials on how to change different parts of of unactivated windows through the registry editor. Whenever I try to find anything about the accent colors, I see stuff about how to add custom accent colors, however, I haven't been able to learn how to...
  10. Registry Editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Registry Editor: Hi, everyone. I need your help. Ive deleted something in registry editor then i dont have any backup to restore the messed ive done. I want to ask if i change a new os in my laptop is it possible that my registry will be newly again? Your response is very much...