Windows 10: Hide recovery partition after relocating

Discus and support Hide recovery partition after relocating in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone!I have recently did some trickery with the Recovery Partition under my Windows 10 installation, since I wanted to dual-boot first, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by simplyhexagon, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Hide recovery partition after relocating

Hello everyone!I have recently did some trickery with the Recovery Partition under my Windows 10 installation, since I wanted to dual-boot first, but it didn't work, so I wanted to expand my Windows partition all across my 250GB SSD. That required me to move the Recovery Partition to the end of the usable space. It went well without problems.The only problem now is that I can see the Recovery Partition in the list of drives as Drive N:I tried to hide it from diskpart but then reagentc won't see the partition anymore, so no recovery that way.My question would be is there a way to hide it from "

:)

simplyhexagon, Aug 20, 2021

2. Windows Recovery Partition

No not able to follow the step as Diskpart doesn't even show my recovery partition after entering the command 'list vol'.

even after using the freeware, they are providing on the website not able to hide/unhide/show/change drive letter. do you think that this might be happening because of Dual-boot Ubuntu OS?

Shivraj Marne, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Aug 20, 2021
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Hide recovery partition after relocating

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Hide recovery partition after relocating :)

RyoTakagi, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Hide recovery partition after relocating

1. Hide recovery partition after relocating - Similar Threads - Hide recovery partition

2. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...: After getting a Windows update error 0x80070643 when trying to update my version of windows after looking online I followed the KB5028997 instructions to manually resize the portion to install the WinRE update. After doing this the recovery partition has become its own...
  3. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...: After getting a Windows update error 0x80070643 when trying to update my version of windows after looking online I followed the KB5028997 instructions to manually resize the portion to install the WinRE update. After doing this the recovery partition has become its own...
  4. How to hide recovery partition /set partition as recovery type after following KB5028997...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to relocate installation of System Managed partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to relocate installation of System Managed partition: Ok, before I describe my issue, let me explain a few things.When installing windows for the first time, there are 2 partitions that are made. A system managed partition, and a primary partition. The system managed partition is what I assume to be the location of the EFI or...
  6. partitions hide issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partitions hide issue: Hello seniors I am facing an issue. I have window 10 and 4 partitions on my hard drive. when I start my system sometimes it shows only the window portion C and the other two are hiding what is the problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. "Recovery" Partition Came up and I want to hide it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Recovery" Partition Came up and I want to hide it.: I just migrate my Win_10 OS to SSD drive. Everything is find but just 2 drives showed up. This drives are not showed before. Though I remember it was created by system when I create partition for drive "C". I tried to hide it from "Disk management". I can only hide one. But...
  8. Recovery Partition after Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovery Partition after Reset: I worked for a company that had me add software to my computer which locked me out of making changes to my browser. After several days on the phone with support, I decided to reset my computer. After the reset, I now have to choose between Windows 10 and a recovery...
  9. Hide an gpt partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hide an gpt partition: Hi, i need to hide my recovery partition but i'm using gpt. does anyone know how to hide? the Set id only work in mbr mode *Sad thanks 36927
  10. Relocating Documents etc to another partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Relocating Documents etc to another partition: I'm setting up a new laptop on Windows 10 for the first time, and I want to move Documents, Pictures, Downloads etc to another partition. I've had problems in this area on previous Windows versions so want to make sure I do it correctly. Let's say I create a new folder...