Windows 10: Hide router name.

Discus and support Hide router name. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I stop the router from broadcasting it name? I don't want it to be visible to others.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by soleyndj, Aug 12, 2018.

1. soleyndj Win User

Hide router name.

How do I stop the router from broadcasting it name? I don't want it to be visible to others.

:)

soleyndj, Aug 12, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Hide router name.

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Hide router name.

1. Hide router name. - Similar Threads - Hide router name

2. How to change router name and password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change router name and password: Hi! Someone tried to get into my computer's Bluetooth this morning and I'm really creeped out. The name of the device is "View 1". It's made me think there might be cameras here in my new apartment. I'd like to change my router information as it's set to default from...
  3. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...
  4. Remove or hide router in network group

Remove or hide router in network group: I have a home network set up through a Linksys router. The network consists of a Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 laptop & IMac computer. In all three computers' network windows I also have an additional "computer" that's named after my wireless network. It is clearly my router. I...
  5. Ethernet shows wrong router name

Ethernet shows wrong router name: When I connect to ethernet it shows my school wifi name instead of my home wifi. It is connected to my home wifi but it just shows the wrong name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-shows-wrong-router-name/2fbd8411-aa7c-4c51-b24c-5f20858399f8
  6. Ip router hide

Ip router hide: Hello . I need some help. I use monthly internet service with wlan routers connected to optics . my question is 1.does the server see my internet service provider ip, or see my ip router, or see ip on my laptop?? if I use VPN on my laptop. Will the server still see my IP?...
  7. Hide User Name

in Browsers and Email
    Hide User Name: Hello,How do I hide user name from being visible when opening places (not all of them) where I am registered. Password appears like "****...". All that is to do just click on the "Enter" or "Login" button and the door is opened. Answers will be appreciated Thanks 123690
  8. Hide User Name

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide User Name: Hello,How do I hide user name from being visible when opening places (not all of them) where I am registered. Password appears like "****...". All that is to do just click on the "Enter" or "Login" button and the door is opened. Answers will be appreciated Thanks 123690
  9. router name

router name: How do I change the name and password of my router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/router-name/345f4235-37ec-4b7f-bce3-745754a801d8
  10. Hide folder names?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide folder names?: Is there any way to hide folder names? But I do mean hide the name, not hide the folder or replace the folder name with a blank character. Like the "hide file names" option but for folders instead 44726