Windows 10: hide search bar tablet mode

Discus and support hide search bar tablet mode in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi all, We are using tablets and we need to hide the Search bar in desktop and tablet mode. I know how to hide the "search bar" in desktop mode.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by mario savard, Aug 15, 2019.

1. hide search bar tablet mode

Hi all,

We are using tablets and we need to hide the Search bar in desktop and tablet mode.

I know how to hide the "search bar" in desktop mode. "CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\SearchboxTaskbarmode = 0.

But, I can not find a method on how to hide it, when we are in tablet mode. Please help on who to hide it, in tablet mode?

Mario S.

:)

mario savard, Aug 15, 2019
  2. ticoneva Win User

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Gonzax Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

it doesn't work for me, it gives an error in all my computers.

As for the Nibbler app it works ok but it still won't hide the taskbar from the start menu when in tablet mode, only when you open up an app or any other program (which is cool but not perfect)

Gonzax, Aug 15, 2019
  4. hide search bar tablet mode

Windows !0 tablet keyboard issue

Hi Philip,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if the tablet mode is enabled.

I suggest you to disable the tablet mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type setting in the search area in the task bar and select
      Settings.

• Select on System option.

• Select Tablet mode in the left panel of system Windows.

• Toggle off the tablet mode.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

hide search bar tablet mode

1. hide search bar tablet mode - Similar Threads - hide search bar

2. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0 HEX That registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar....
  3. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry KeyHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SearchValue name: SearchboxTaskbarModeValue type: REG_DWORDValue Data: 0 HEXThat registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar.I've...
  4. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Cortana
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry Key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search Value name: SearchboxTaskbarMode Value type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 0 HEX That registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar....
  5. Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode

in Cortana
    Windows 10, remove Cortana/Search box from task bar via Tablet Mode: When I create Registry KeyHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SearchValue name: SearchboxTaskbarModeValue type: REG_DWORDValue Data: 0 HEXThat registry works for Desktop mode... but it doesn't work in Tablet Mode it is still showing search icon on the taskbar.I've...
  6. Dark mode search bar bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark mode search bar bug: I enabled dark mode on Windows 10 20H2 and sometimes when I click around, the search bar only is dark in the text box area, it looks like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet It turns fully dark when I hover the mouse over it. Anyone know a solution? TIA 180811
  7. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode": New to Windows. When I'm using apps like Excel, the taskbar intrudes into the workspace. I want it to hide itself until I need it, i.e. until I cursor to it to being it out. I have taskbar setting set to automatically hide the taskbar....
  8. Hiding files from cortana or search bar

in Cortana
    Hiding files from cortana or search bar: Me and my brother are using one PC and we use separate accounts and I don't want my brother see my music files in his account when he uses cortana/search; how can I hide my songs from my brother? And sorry for my weak English :(...
  9. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...
  10. App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation: Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. Features: Auto-hide taskbar can be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Search bar in tablet mode

2. Tablet mode hide search