Windows 10: Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos

Discus and support Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello all, I would like to remove the Spotlight lockscreen tips (which I have done successfully), but keep the rotation of daily downloaded photos. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Brendan Eager, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos

Hello all,

I would like to remove the Spotlight lockscreen tips (which I have done successfully), but keep the rotation of daily downloaded photos.

I did this through Local Group Policy Editor > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content > Do not show Windows tips > Enabled

as well as ...> Turn off Microsoft consumer experiences > Enabled.

I am able to make these changes with Local Group Policy Editor as I have Windows 10 Education edition (which isn't available in Windows 10 Home Edition). I am running version 1809.

However, after I made this change, the option to select 'Spotlight' in Windows Settings > Personalisation > Lock Screen > Background is no longer an option and I can only select 'Picture', or 'Slideshow'.

In addition to this the lock screen settings page now shows the message of '*Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation'

When I have gone back into Local Group Policy Editor and changed the settings back to 'Not Configured' it has not brought back Spotlight as an option to select in the back locks screen settings for the background, even after a restart.

I also tried to change the settings to 'Disabled' followed by a restart, in other words to allow tips and consumer experiences, but the tips remain removed and Spotlight is still not an option to select as a background in the lock screen settings.

I have since changed back to 'Not Configured' and restarted but the tips have not come back, I cannot select Spotlight as a Lock screen background and the message regarding some settings being hidden is still there.
    I have further also looked into Local Group Policy Editor > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Cloud Content > ...
    and looked at the settings under there but everything is 'Not configured' by default and after changing of some of those settings with that too, it doesn't resolve this issue.
    I have since changed them back to 'Not configured' and restarted.

I am out of ideas at this point,please advise how I can have a changing Spotlight lock screen background again, but, with not having tips, or advise if tips are a requirement of having a Spotlight image.

I've attached the Lock screen settings page as it is now and the settings set under the Local Group Policy Editor. Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos e6a37129-9e1d-4fa5-8193-65fb674cc01b?upload=true.png Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos 2ff537b0-96ab-492a-b1a4-cf4a40f7cc2b?upload=true.png Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos ce0d5d68-1170-4b3c-bcc1-694bebbe0f80?upload=true.png
    Thanks in advance,
    Brendan.

:)

Brendan Eager, Dec 23, 2018
  2. CharlieRB Win User

How to activate and deactivate Windows 10 lock screen spotlight hints?

To enable or diasble this feature, follow these steps;

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose the Personalization setting.
    3. Select the Lockscreen tab.
    4. Under Picture, either choose Windows Spotlight to enable, or
      another choice to disable `Windows Spotlight.
    5. Also, you can choose to enable or disable the Get fun facts, tips,
      tricks, and more on your lock screen toggle.

Source

CharlieRB, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Rotate a photo in Fresh Paint

Hi,

Rotating a photo within Fresh paint is currently unavailable. However, you may try these steps:

• Save the paint file.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Open the location on where you saved the file.
    • Right click on the paint file. Click on Rotate right or
      rotate left.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Dec 23, 2018
  4. hexaae Win User

Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos

Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?

I just want a clean Spotlight lockscreen, no ads, no tips.
    Is it still possible this on Windows 1803 playing with the registry?

hexaae, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos

1. Hide Spotlight lockscreen tips but keep rotation of photos - Similar Threads - Hide Spotlight lockscreen

2. how to disable the lockscreen spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable the lockscreen spotlight: i wnat to customize my window locksceen.but i can't access my lockscreen settings.so please help me to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-the-lockscreen-spotlight/8c31abea-b204-487f-9705-2e5e0747a2fa
  3. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder:...
  4. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  5. Spotlight/Lockscreen storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight/Lockscreen storage: I would like to be able to save or retrieve a recently displayed lockscreen to use as one of my W10 wallpaper backgrounds. There was a period of time when those images were stored in a somewhat hidden folder. That no longer seems to be the case; if I go to that folder there...
  6. Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working

Windows Spotlight Lockscreen Not Working: Hi, I'm having three issues: sfc /scannow, chkdsk c:/f, chkdsk c:/r, and Windows Spotlight Lockscreen are all not working. What happened? Basically, I tried System Restore to fix the issue with sfc /scannow and chkdsk, but this caused Windows Lockscreen to stop working....
  7. Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Spotlight on lockscreen isnt working: Hi Two weeks ago my lockscreen spotlight stop working. I tried everything I found on the Internet but nothing worked. I tried: 1.https://simpleitpro.com/index.php/2020/06/22/windows-spotlight-not-working-fix-it-with-a-reset-or-re-register/ 2....
  8. Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lockscreen won't change Windows Spotlight photo: I've been stuck on the same Windows Spotlight photo for like three weeks. In my customization settings for the lockscreen, it always reverts back to "Photo" when I set it on Windows Spotlight. Any idea how to fix this and get the spotlight photo slideshows back? submitted...
  9. lockscreen window spotlight is not working

lockscreen window spotlight is not working: lockscreen window spotlight is not working. help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/m%C3%A0n-h%C3%ACnh-kh%C3%B3a/e5673dee-5418-408a-930f-9c6b1998050e
  10. Uploading photos online keeps rotating

Uploading photos online keeps rotating: Whenever I upload photos online, they are always rotated counterclockwise 90 degrees. I try and re-rotate the photo and the problem persists. Help? Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad W540 Applies to Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge 34799