Windows 10: Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar

Discus and support Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Very welcome. I love it myself. Click the tray once to see them. Click it twice for a new one. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar

Very welcome. I love it myself. Click the tray once to see them. Click it twice for a new one.

Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018
  2. jrolson Win User

Is there anyway to hide the Sticky Notes app from the taskbar so I accidentally don't close it?

:)

jrolson, Apr 14, 2018
  3. Mike Cato Win User
    Sticky Notes 2.0.5.0 cpu usage 100%

Hiding Sticky Notes by clicking on the taskbar icon *doubles* the CPU usage. Mine went from 7% while displayed to 13% when hidden as shown by Task Manager & Resource Monitor. i7-8700K 3.7GHz

Exiting Sticky Notes (taskbar icon, right-click, Close Window), and then re-opening with a click on taskbar icon, the CPU usage is minimal (shows 0%). Something is snowballing over time.

Hope this helps pinpoint the problem.

Mike Cato, Apr 14, 2018
  4. mcato Win User

Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar

Sticky Notes 2.0.5.0 cpu usage 100%

This version seems to keep CPU usage in check.

I have noticed an anomaly (NOT a problem, just curious): if I run task manager, Sticky Notes appears in the Background Process list; if I hide the notes by clicking on the taskbar icon, Sticky Notes appears in the Apps list with other foreground processes.
    In either list the CPU usage is nil, so I'm happy.

mcato, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Any program open will be on the taskbar, unless there are options or another program to put them in the tray. Also:

Even if you close it using the X on the taskbar, the next time you load it, the stickie(s) you had open will retain all information you had on them. No worry about closing them.

Access Denied, Apr 14, 2018
  6. Also I have used this program:

Stickies

It uses a sticky note icon in the tray of the taskbar and is pretty good.

7. jrolson Win User
    Thanks for the info.
    I still don't like it taking up my taskbar space though. I was hoping there was a registry edit I could make to have it not show.

Guess I will look for a different app to use or wait and see if they add this feature to Sticky Notes.

jrolson, Apr 14, 2018
  8. Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar

I posted a link above your post to another sticky program. I use it because of the same reason.

9. jrolson Win User
    Thanks! Just what I was looking for. *Biggrin

jrolson, Apr 14, 2018
Thema:

Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar

1. Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar - Similar Threads - Hide Sticky Notes

2. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  3. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combinedAfter a recent win update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. Now I have 20 plus icons on the tool bar. I have tried previous advice I found to combine the icons on...
  4. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why Sticky Note implemented an additional movement to call and hide notes?

Why Sticky Note implemented an additional movement to call and hide notes?: Hi,It used to be like you had several sticky notes and if clicked on the Sticky Note icon on your Taskbar, all appeared on the screen exactly where you placed them. After I am not sure which Windows Update the notes appear the same way like for example browser windows and you...
  6. Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon

Broken Sticky Notes Taskbar Icon: Hi, so I have somehow managed to break a pinned app on my taskbar, specifically Sticky Notes. What I did to achieve this is from an open start menu apps list I dragged a shortcut link into another start menu folder that I created for all the office programs. Once there it's...
  7. How to show/hide all open Sticky Notes

How to show/hide all open Sticky Notes: According to this UserVoice post,as of version 3.7.68 of Sticky Notes there should be an option in the jumplist which opens when right-clicking the taskbar icon to show or hide all open notes. However, I'm running version 3.7.106.0 and I'm not seeing these options in the...
  8. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  9. Sticky Notes separated on Taskbar

Sticky Notes separated on Taskbar: I just installed the new May 2019 update and it seems that Sticky Notes now are separated on the taskbar if you have multiple open which I am not a fan of. Is there a way to make them all grouped back together in one tab? If not, can we make that available for a future...
  10. Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined

Sticky Notes Icon on taskbar is not combined: After win 10 update, sticky notes now uses a separate taskbar tab for each note. Before update, all notes were in one tab. ***Title Modified Original: sticky notes***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide sticky notes from taskbar windows 10

2. hide sticky notes from taskbar

3. can you hide sticky notes from task bar