Windows 10: Hide taskbar but don't hover over it to bring it back up

Discus and support Hide taskbar but don't hover over it to bring it back up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 Professional. I am hiding the taskbar, but I find it annoying when I try to scroll down on an app, that it then brings up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KingNeil, Jun 2, 2021.

1. KingNeil Win User

Hide taskbar but don't hover over it to bring it back up

Hi, I am using Windows 10 Professional. I am hiding the taskbar, but I find it annoying when I try to scroll down on an app, that it then brings up the taskbar, and ends up covering the arrow that I was supposed to be clicking. Is there any way to hide the taskbar, but to only bring it back up if I say, press the Windows key, or something like that? I don't want this thing where I hover over it and it comes back up. I just end up triggering it too much accidentally.

:)

KingNeil, Jun 2, 2021

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 2, 2021
  3. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Hide taskbar but don't hover over it to bring it back up

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Hide taskbar but don't hover over it to bring it back up

1. Hide taskbar but don't hover over it to bring it back up - Similar Threads - Hide taskbar don't

2. Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not popping up when mouse is hovered over: Hi there.I like to hide my taskbar so I get more screen space. I have 3 monitors and I noticed lately that if there is a window maximized on monitor #2, then when I hover my mouse over the bottom of the screen, the taskbar won't show up. It still comes up if I hit the windows...
  3. Taskbar Hover-Over Popups: Hide/Remove or Adjust Visibility Duration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Hover-Over Popups: Hide/Remove or Adjust Visibility Duration: Hello Community,I'm looking to either completely hide the window popup balloons / tooltips, or reduce their visibility duration down from their current ~6 seconds to 1-2 seconds:This used to be possible with earlier versions of Windows, but this has plagued me in both Windows...
  4. Taskbar Hover-Over Popups: Hide/Remove or Adjust Visibility Duration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hover-Over Popups: Hide/Remove or Adjust Visibility Duration: Hello Community,I'm looking to either completely hide the window popup balloons / tooltips, or reduce their visibility duration down from their current ~6 seconds to 1-2 seconds:This used to be possible with earlier versions of Windows, but this has plagued me in both Windows...
  5. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  6. Visual bug when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual bug when hovering over taskbar: Lately when hovering over the taskbar, items will flicker when mouse is moved, when clicked, the windows will not open. When opening a program it will not open in window mode, it stays minimized....
  7. Hover over email address in OneNote brings up context box - how to disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hover over email address in OneNote brings up context box - how to disable: Good day, I am trying to find an option or registry entry to disable the option that keeps popping up a box with email context information when I hover over an email address. Very annoying especially with OneNote. Hope you can help out....
  8. Hover over email address in OneNote brings up context box - how to disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hover over email address in OneNote brings up context box - how to disable: Good day, I am trying to find an option or registry entry to disable the option that keeps popping up a box with email context information when I hover over an email address. Very annoying especially with OneNote. Hope you can help out....
  9. Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse glitches when hovering over taskbar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5point99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hztnax/mouse_glitches_when_hovering_over_taskbar/
  10. Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar not coming up on mouse over (set to auto-hide): My Task Bar is supposed to come up when I move the cursor close enough to the bottom edge of the screen but it isn't doing that. How do I resolve this? Google search results are littered with irrelevant rubbish. 89745

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. how to only show taskbar on hover