Windows 10: Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor

Discus and support Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I can't hide (not auto-hide) the taskbar on my primary monitor. Of course I can enable auto-hide, but that's not what i want. I could switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MyNameIsDavee, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor

Hey guys, I can't hide (not auto-hide) the taskbar on my primary monitor. Of course I can enable auto-hide, but that's not what i want. I could switch the primary monitor, but then I can't use my 144 Hz becuase the second monitor is only 60 Hz.

Are there, maybe third-party-programms, which handles this for me?

submitted by /u/MyNameIsDavee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MyNameIsDavee, Feb 19, 2020

2. How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to auto-hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

Steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and select
    Properties.

2. In the Taskbar tab under
    Multiple displays, Uncheck the Show taskbar on all displays box.

3. Click on Apply
    and Ok.

This will display the taskbar only on the primary monitor.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10: primary monitor taskbar not hiding

• Software: Display Fusion v7.2 (if meaningful)
    • Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 650 Ti

Yes, I upgraded the NVIDIA GeForce driver to Windows 10. I had to, as the only way to bring back the driver and get dual displays. The driver is fine, as are the monitor drivers.

I had the auto-hide feature working up until now. Now, just after upgrading to Win10, the primary display taskbar no longer auto-hides. The secondary display taskbar hides nicely.

If I elect to have only one taskbar, then the primary taskbar still does not hide. I can, however, auto-hide the taskbar for an instant if I uncheck the option to auto-hide the taskbar, click on apply, and click the box to auto-hide the taskbar, and then finally click on the apply button.

No other software is running, so that is not the issue. A reboot does not fix the problem. As far as missing network connections or other system tray issues needing my attention, everything is fine.

In searching articles, one person suggested the obvious: to click on the "Search the web and Windows" and then click away or click on the Start Menu and then go back to the desktop, but alas the taskbar still remains.

Did Microsoft actually test this feature with dual displays?

The problem really seems to be a dual monitor issue. Thoughts?

Update:
    I turned off the computer in the evening and when I turned on the computer, the primary taskbar was auto-hiding. I was floored, as I had rebooted the previous night. My joy lasted about 30 seconds. As soon as I touched the keyboard to do something, I think launch Microsoft Edge, the taskbar was back to its old ways.

I will temporarily uninstall Display Fusion to rule that out as a suspect tomorrow.

Sarah Weinberger, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor

How to auto-hide taskbar of the second monitor keeping unhide in the primary monitor?

I have this same problem too but the solution you gave appears to not be possible on windows 10. There is no properties for the taskbar when right clicking on it and the only taskbar options are in the newer (and less useful) settings app. There is definitely
    no option to only autohide for one screen but you can autohide all or none (neither of which I want). I really hope microsoft fixes this with more options to do this. Why would they remove such a basic feature???

That_Guy427, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor

1. Hide Taskbar on Primary Monitor - Similar Threads - Hide Taskbar Primary

2. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  3. How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar ?: Hello world,I would like to retrieve the old way to move the taskbar as it use to be on Windows 10 and other windows before.Having the main monitor for the programs and the secondary for taskbar, tools, browsers, etc is the most comfortable to use for me.Using windowskey +...
  4. Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar does not hide on second monitor...: So i have set that taskbar minimizes and when you move mouse to the screen bottom it shows. On main monitor if I run full screen program taskbar is hidden but on second monitor collapsed taskbar is shown and when I move mouse to the bottom of the screen it shows up and it is...
  5. Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors: I want to hide the Taskbar on only one of my three monitors. When I right-click the taskbar and go to Taskbar Settings, there is an option to show the taskbar on all displays. This is turned on by default, but when I turn it off, the Taskbar on my second and third monitor...
  6. Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors

Hide Taskbar on one of three monitors: I want to hide the Taskbar on only one of my three monitors. When I right-click the taskbar and go to Taskbar Settings, there is an option to show the taskbar on all displays. This is turned on by default, but when I turn it off, the Taskbar on my second and third monitor...
  7. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  8. Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar

Move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar: Hi.I would really appreciate more taskbar positioning options for the taskbar in Windows 11. I would really like to move the taskbar on the secondary monitor and leave primary monitor with no taskbar. If it is possible to do, I would really appreciate to know how. I already...
  9. Is there a way to hide the taskbar on one monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to hide the taskbar on one monitor?: Got a 3 monitor setup with one on top and 2 below. I want to disable the taskbar on the top monitor. Windows settings remove it on all but the primary monitor. Any idea how to do this? I looked at DisplayFusion but its $30usd for a licence and I think I just missed a sale......
  10. Taskbar keeps moving back to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar keeps moving back to primary monitor: Pretty much as the title says. My task bar is locked and located on the right-hand side of my second monitor. Occasionally I'll go for it and realize that it is now located on the right-hand side of my primary monitor. Most recently this happened after bringing my computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to hide ultraviewer windows 10 taskbar