Windows 10: "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

Discus and support "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CmmTch, Jul 24, 2015.

1. CmmTch Win User

"Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue.

The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and other items from the computer but doesn't hide when a have IE up, I'm using IE11, just don't care much for Edge yet, maybe as time goes by I'll start using it more.

Anytime I have IE up the taskbar stays visible and will not hide, I went to properties to reset it, tried this a few times, uncheck the box>apply, then check the box>apply, after I click apply the taskbar momentarily hides and immediately pops back into view.

I know others (Jimbo) were having an issue with this on earlier builds. It didn't happen every time for me, just every once in awhile but on 10240 it's every time.

Does anybody know of a fix or a workaround? It's not a huge thing but I've always hid the taskbar and would like to do it on W10 too. Snip of the properties window below:

:)

CmmTch, Jul 24, 2015
  2. mcb0035 Win User

Hide taskbar in Windows 10

I have the taskbar option "Auto-hide the taskbar" checked in "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", but the taskbar never disappears. What triggers auto-hide? Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide the taskbar? I have tried clicking outside the taskbar,
    disabling notifications, minimizing all apps, and restarting my computer. Many apps have buttons, scrollbars, etc. at the bottom which can only be used in windowed mode since they are covered by the taskbar in fullscreen mode.

mcb0035, Jul 24, 2015
  3. viewing task bar when applications are open

I've seen some users mention they were able to get this working correctly after toggling both of the "automatically hide the taskbar" settings in the taskbar options.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 24, 2015
  4. CalBear37 Win User

Works fine for me in Build 10240. I don't use it any more. I've decided that small buttons keep the space use low enough on my large monitor.

CalBear37, Jul 24, 2015
  5. fracking4oil, Jul 24, 2015
  6. CmmTch Win User
    Thanks for your response fracking4oil, I was reluctant to uninstall/reinstall my video driver since I didn't want everything to revert to default (I have a lot of settings and it's easier to live with the taskbar problem than to start from scratch on video display settings) so I was going to live with it for now.

I saw on the forum there were recent updates for W10, I updated and there were a couple that downloaded and installed, of course a restart was required so I restarted. After the restart I tried Edge to see if the taskbar hide mode would function as it was set, it worked fine with the Edge browser so I opened an IE browser and it worked fine there too *Confused also works with Waterfox.

I checked my existing video driver and it's from Jan. 2015, the video card is integrated on the MB, nothing special. I have no other video problems so I'm not sure it would've helped in my case. The taskbar not hiding seems to have been an on and off minor glitch since the earliest builds. Just since 10240 I noticed it was occurring every time on IE, since I didn't use Edge it may have been happening there too and didn't know it.

On another note I have set my homepage in Edge and have the home button set to show, the "Home" button doesn't function. I open Edge and it opens to a blank page with a spinning circle of dots in the tab and the words "blank page" in the tab. If I go to any bookmarks they open up with no problem, only the little house "Home" button that isn't functioning.

I'm marking this solved due to the intermittent nature of these small glitches, who knows, maybe another restart will fix it. If it does I'll post back that it did.

CmmTch, Jul 25, 2015
  7. CmmTch Win User
    Restarted, opened Edge and it opened to my preset home page, and the little house home button works too. So a restart fixed those problems, also the taskbar hides every time while using Edge, with IE it doesn't hide. Could it be a conspiracy to move users to Edge? I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory.

Marking thread solved since I don't want to go through the possible hassle of resetting all the video settings if uninstalling and reinstalling the video driver would revert to default.

Noticed that Edge seems to move faster than IE.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar - Similar Threads - Hide Taskbar option

2. Hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding taskbar: New laptop in December, no touch screen, up to date Windows as of 2021-‎01-‎16. I have my taskbar on the bottom of the screen and set to hide automatically in desktop mode.. When I move the cursor down to the bottom of the screen the taskbar pops up but then remains there...
  3. Hiding the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding the taskbar: Good morging everyone!) I want to ask you how can I hide the taskbar only when I'm on the desktop? And when some programs are open, the taskbar is unhide. Can I do this with third-party programs or Windows settings? Thanks) Thanks for my English Google translate〒▽〒...
  4. Hiding the taskbar

Hiding the taskbar: Good evening everyone!) I want to ask you how I can hide the taskbar only when I'm on the desktop? And when some programs are open, the taskbar is unhide. Can I do this with third-party programs or Windows settings? Thanks) Thanks for my English Google translatу〒▽〒...
  5. Hiding taskbar

Hiding taskbar: I'm trying to hide my taskbar but it always shows the taskbar when I minimize an app. Any fixes? submitted by /u/SexiestMinecrafter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxfykx/hiding_taskbar/
  6. Taskbar hide

Taskbar hide: If I put my taskbar on hide and get a notification from a program, the icon turns orange and my taskbar doesn't hide anymore, but still covers a part of my open window(My Taskbar is on the top, which means it covers my Browser's Tab bar until I open the program which I got a...
  7. hide the taskbar

hide the taskbar: someone moved my settings and now it is not hidden, if anyone can help me thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-the-taskbar/64748b12-a50c-4fe9-a3f7-071090ec1bdb
  8. Taskbar will not hide

Taskbar will not hide: Taskbar will not hide even though the settings have been set to hide in both desktop and tablet mode. Please help with possible reasons as to why it won't hide? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-will-not-hide/c6c21a1d-a1a8-493d-b35a-43e28e8de72c
  9. hide taskbar

hide taskbar: What does it take to hide the taskbar and keep it hidden? This setting has not worked correctly for at least the past 3 years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-taskbar/4756b890-5fdb-4746-b9af-8958c41b0c46
  10. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351