Windows 10: Hide the username in file explorer

Discus and support Hide the username in file explorer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok so basically this is a simple one but I somehow coudlnt find a solution to this...How can I hide the full name of my Windows Profile in the upper... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Damien082, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Damien082 Win User

Hide the username in file explorer

Ok so basically this is a simple one but I somehow coudlnt find a solution to this...How can I hide the full name of my Windows Profile in the upper left corner of the file Explorer? I plan to record some stuff and I dont want people to see my real name

:)

Damien082, Aug 3, 2021
  2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Hide libraries in File Explorer in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Have you installed all pending updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

This issue might occur if there are pending Windows updates. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Click on Start button and open File explorer.
    • Click on View and click on Options
    • On General tab click on Restore defaults and Click
      Apply and Ok.
    • Close File explorer and reopen and try to hide Library check if that helps.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Hide the username in file explorer - Similar Threads - Hide username file

2. hide or disable address bar from explorer file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hide or disable address bar from explorer file: Hello,i need your help to hide or disable the address bar from explorer file and from save asthank you all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-or-disable-address-bar-from-explorer-file/b9b0209e-2701-48cd-9888-f96b771754be
  3. file explorer hiding basic features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer hiding basic features: I have been using windows since 1993, dos before that.Windows 11 really sucks and one of the suckiness irritations is that the right click on a file in file explorer, simply doesn't show basic menu items, but hides them under more.The freaking delete menu item is hidden!I...
  4. file explorer hiding basic features

file explorer hiding basic features: I have been using windows since 1993, dos before that.Windows 11 really sucks and one of the suckiness irritations is that the right click on a file in file explorer, simply doesn't show basic menu items, but hides them under more.The freaking delete menu item is hidden!I...
  5. File Explorer hiding items under ribbon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer hiding items under ribbon: Before minimizing RibbonAfter minimizing RibbonWhen I maximize the ribbon the first-row items don't slide down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-hiding-items-under-ribbon/e409d547-7597-474d-95b8-f9484a85948c
  6. File Explorer hiding items under ribbon

File Explorer hiding items under ribbon: Before minimizing RibbonAfter minimizing RibbonWhen I maximize the ribbon the first-row items don't slide down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-hiding-items-under-ribbon/e409d547-7597-474d-95b8-f9484a85948c
  7. File explorer username

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer username: When i made my first microsoft account it took the 5 letters from my (which were zoori) and set it as my file explorer username Since then i have changed the email for the Microsoft account and the first 5 letters of the email is luthe I was wondering if i were to sign in...
  8. File Explorer not hiding "tilde" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not hiding "tilde" files: Recently had my laptop drive updated to SSD. Probably had a bunch of updates done during this process. One thing that is driving me crazy since I got my laptop back is that File Explorer is showing all the files with the tilde character (~) and I can't get them to hide from...
  9. Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer): Hello everyone, Hereby I would like to ask all of you for help on a problem me and my colleague have been tackling for the past couple of days now. We just can't seem to be able to crack this one. Situation: We are setting up our new Citrix farm and preparing our new...
  10. Windows Explorer hides *SOME* files visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer hides *SOME* files visible on Desktop: Hi all, I'm having a problem with a brand new Dell XPS 15" computer regarding what files and folders it hides. Here's a picture of what is happening. [img] I have tried all the usual suspects. It is not marked as "Hidden" in the properties. I always enable "seeing...