Windows 10: Hide tray icons

Discus and support Hide tray icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Csquared, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Csquared Win User

Hide tray icons

Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show.

Hide tray icons [​IMG]

:)

Csquared, Aug 22, 2015
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Eidolon Win User
    Hide tray icons?

Hello all, I am trying to find a way to hide icons in the notification area along the top of my WinMo 6.1 screen.

I.e., i have TWO icons showing me what GPRS service i am connected to. One which is a big square saying "H", "E", "3G" depending on what service i am currently connected to. And right next to that i have a smaller square, which shows EXACTLY the same code,
    plus the traditional 5-bar signal indicator.

I would really like to hide the big square, since the little one shows exactly the same information, plus more, and having the both of them takes up precious screen real-estate on a phone screen.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Eidolon, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Hide tray icons

You should be able to just click and hold, and then drag up off the taskbar. The will be hidden under the up arrow.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Csquared Win User
    Thanx for your response, I have tried that and unfortunately that only disappears them for me. After some more research it appears I am not alone.There seems to be an issue in windows 10 for some people, causing the "hidden icons" button to loose it's functionality. It seems for some taking the task bar off auto hide will fix the problem...alas I am not one of them! I guess the general consensus is to cross ones fingers and hope there is a fix in a future update. It's not a major issue, just a minor annoyance.

Csquared, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Csquared Win User
    Yay!!!! As of today "Show hidden icons" is now functional again, must have issued a fix in the last update.

Csquared, Sep 10, 2015
  7. Csquared Win User
    Well that was short lived.....after last nights update functionality is gone again..BOO
    *Mad

Csquared, Sep 12, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Hide tray icons

Really nice theme you have there, and I bet that's the cause of your problem. You're patched aren't you?

I have been testing different patchers since October last year on Windows 10(and preview), and this is one of the functionalities it breaks. You can either go into settings and set what you want to show all the time one by one or use the global setting and just show everything all the time(which I usually choose for things like Ccleaner that only pops up when it cleans from right click on the taskbar icon.

Cliff S, Sep 12, 2015
  9. Csquared Win User
    Thanx...I am indeed patched....I was afraid that might be the issue. I was overjoyed when I checked yesterday and it actually worked! I guess they were just toying with me. I will just have to live with it till they fix it again. I am a touch anal and can't deal with things that mess up my aesthetics! That and all that white burns my eyes if I don't patch....oh well if that's my worst problem ...I'll hide them and deal with it!!

Csquared, Sep 12, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Oh well in Windows 7 it was the MMC(Microsoft Management Console or Admin tools) that broke, in Windows 8.1 it was the right-click menu on the tiles on the start screen, on 10 it's the system tray. An that's with both memory patchers(UXStyles ´) or file patchers. But for everything ther's either a work around or a Band-Aid*Smile., and it's usually things the average user will barely notice.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hide tray icons

1. Hide tray icons - Similar Threads - Hide tray icons

2. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  3. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  4. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently hide, "hidden" tray icon(s)?: [img] I want it to run in the background, I just dont want to be able to see it there, is there maybe a registry key I can edit to make that happen? Or some other solution? 165183
  6. SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon

SOLVED hide system tray arrow icon: hi there, I look for a method to hide the arrow icon of system tray, which opens the list of all icons. I have several customization tools like winaero and 7+ taskbar tweaker but none of it helps. the mentioned arrow is pointed on this pic [ATTACH] please any ideas ? any...
  7. System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons Hiding Behind Blank Space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jdbassi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fwq5k1/system_tray_icons_hiding_behind_blank_space/
  8. is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?: i wanna hide those two icons. that is not possible via their respective programs. so, is it possible to hack/trick the system via regedit or something to make those two hidden? [img] 130218
  9. No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding

No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding: [ATTACH] My tray icons is all like this and wont group up with the arrow how can i fix this ran dism and sfc [ATTACH] Someone please help me out...
  10. Permanently hiding system tray icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently hiding system tray icon: Hey all, I was looking for a way to hide a certain program's system tray icon. If I use the built in hiding option it still shows when I click the arrow, which is not what I want. I want to completely hide it (stealth). I've been looking for programs to do this but they're...