Windows 10: Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.

Discus and support Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does someone knows a way to hide it for good? Not disabling it, because that could cause some trouble, just that doesn't show in the tray? A .reg file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArlandrioFF, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.

Does someone knows a way to hide it for good? Not disabling it, because that could cause some trouble, just that doesn't show in the tray? A .reg file would be awesome.

I want this for 2 reasons: First, I don't use it, I use USB Disk Ejector; and second because it's wasting space. And don't worry, everything in there has a purpose, as myself installed everyone of them.

Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon. [​IMG]

Cheers!

PS: Sorry for my English, it's not my native language. If there was any misspelling or error, let me know. Also, I had to translate somethings from Spanish to English, so perhaps it's not the most accurate.

:)

ArlandrioFF, Oct 8, 2015

2. System Tray

I downloaded Avira anti-virus. An icon was placed on the screen and in the system tray. By removing the program ( app ) the icon was removed from the screen but not from the system tray. I want to remove ( NOT HIDE ) the icon from the system tray.

RileyHutcheson, Oct 8, 2015
  3. System Tray

I am running Windows 10. How do I remove icons ( not hide ) from the system tray?

RileyHutcheson, Oct 8, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon.

On my Win10 I can show or hide some of the icons in the Notification Area. I right-click the Taskbar, choose Properties to get the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties panel. Then I click Customize beside "Notification area:" which gets me the Notifications & Actions panel where I can make changes. I prefer Hide for that particular icon as prematurely removing a USB drive can, and usually does, result in corrupted files. It's needed to assure stopping access to the device when Windows has finished reading it and writing to it.
    Attachment 41778

Berton, Oct 8, 2015
  5. I know but my picture shows those hidden tray icons. I just want to hide it from sight. It's showing because I have a USB Wi-Fi antenna plug in.

ArlandrioFF, Oct 8, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Save the following as a .bat file and place it in your Start Up folder:

Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\SysTray" /v "Services" /t reg_dword /d 29 /f systray[/quote]

Edwin, Oct 8, 2015
  7. [/quote]
    You won a cookie! Or a whole cake in this case *cake Thanks a lot Edwin! *Smile

ArlandrioFF, Oct 8, 2015
  8. rfcdvc Win User

[/quote] Hope this helps some of those who have had problems making this work...

Placing this bat file itself into the startup does not run on my system. However placing a 'Shortcut' to it rather than the actual file, does work. That was not mentioned in the original post.

rfcdvc, Jan 18, 2016
  9. moontanoi Win User
    Still useful. Thanks for the "shortcut" method. Worked as a charm on my VM's win 10 pro.

moontanoi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide Windows Remove USB Safely Tray Icon. - Similar Threads - Hide Remove USB

2. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  3. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide an icon in the tray menu: How can i hide an Icon from the Tray menu the arrow on the taskbar on the right bottom, i just want to remove one icon there but the program itself doesnt have a setting for thati know that there is a "Notification Area Icons" in the old control panel but if i want to hide an...
  4. Hide an icon in the tray menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Show or hide Safely Remove Hardware icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Show or hide Safely Remove Hardware icon in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]People who use the Windows operating system are aware of the Safely Remove Hardware functionality. This is a very useful function to protect the data on the USB from any harm when ejected from a computer. But many people tend [...] This post Show or hide...
  6. is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?: i wanna hide those two icons. that is not possible via their respective programs. so, is it possible to hack/trick the system via regedit or something to make those two hidden? [img] 130218
  7. Safely remove hardware tray icon refuses to eject USB media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely remove hardware tray icon refuses to eject USB media: I can no longer eject a USB key drive from my computer using the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" tray icon. I don't know what version or patch level this started with, as I haven't used the tray icon since the last time I made recovery sticks. Yesterday, I made a...
  8. No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding

in Windows 10 Customization
    No overflow arrow Tray Icons not hiding: [ATTACH] My tray icons is all like this and wont group up with the arrow how can i fix this ran dism and sfc [ATTACH] Someone please help me out...
  9. USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and: ....no drives listed in Hardware List. When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either) First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar... [img]...
  10. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to hide the safty remove tray icon