Windows 10: Hide windows updates from programs and features

Discus and support Hide windows updates from programs and features in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Any way to do this? I want to use programs and features for my programs only. Ccleaner used to be able to do it, but it doesnt seem to be working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cerawy, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Hide windows updates from programs and features

Any way to do this? I want to use programs and features for my programs only. Ccleaner used to be able to do it, but it doesnt seem to be working anymore.

:)

Cerawy, Dec 26, 2018

2. [Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Hide windows updates from programs and features

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40714395

dorsetknob, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Hide windows updates from programs and features

1. Hide windows updates from programs and features - Similar Threads - Hide updates programs

2. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  3. Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program cannot be uninstalled from Programs and Features: So I have this old version of Photoshop that I wanted to uninstall. Adobe does not have an Uninstall.exe, so I tried to uninstall it from the program list and nothing happens. I tried running the setup again, because sometimes they can overwrite the broken program and then I...
  4. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  5. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  6. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Programs from the Programs and Features/ Apps & Features if the device they...: Hello,After moving, my External Storage Drive was badly damaged and had various Programs and Games on it.The Programs and Games that I had installed on the drive still show up in my Programs and Features and the Apps & Features sections of Windows and they will not allow me...
  8. Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update: Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be...
  9. Hide windows updates from programs and features

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hide windows updates from programs and features: Any way to do this? I want to use programs and features for my programs only. Ccleaner used to be able to do it, but it doesnt seem to be working anymore. 124134
  10. Program missing from Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program missing from Programs and Features: I want to uninstall iTunes but it isn't in the list of programs in Programs and Features. I have an icon for iTunes which opens the program successfully so I know it is installed. How do I uninstall it?...