Windows 10: Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB

Discus and support Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I'm getting these annoying id 28 bluetooth warnings about lack of LE support, but I don't care about LE and my dongle works just fine! It's not an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by oh microsoft, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB

So I'm getting these annoying id 28 bluetooth warnings about lack of LE support, but I don't care about LE and my dongle works just fine! It's not an error per se, just a nuisance. I already've managed to hide the infamous unkillable Windows Hello warning in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger but can't figure out how to do it when the log provider had no GUID! Any ideas?

Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB [​IMG]

:)

oh microsoft, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Hide specific Event Viewer error

Hi,

Somehow, we changed the User Interface of Windows 10. We set Windows 10 not to hide a specific error in the Event Log. This is done in order to prevent incorrect logging of important errors.

For now, kindly disregard the normal errors which appears in the Event Viewer.

Also, if you have a suggestion regarding the log on the Event Viewer, we encourage sending it to the Feedback hub. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.

2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.

3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.

4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.

5. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.

6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.

7. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

8. Open the item you submitted, then click Share.

9. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like <https://aka.ms/ link>)

If you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Jose Est, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer

Not sure if this is the right section, if not please move to the correct one.

Under the details tab in Event Viewer when a logged event has a GUID that shows up in the registry under HKEYLM > System > CurrentControlSet>Control>WM>Autologger>EventLog-XX I know how to disable the event from logging, but Event ID 15 - ACPI does not have a GUID.

Does any one know how I can get this to stop logging? From what I have seen on the web only a fix to the motherboard BIOS would fix it and I doubt that this is high on Asus' list of BIOS fixes for the R6E. Everything I have read on the web says that this is meaningless and in the General tab it basically says to ignore it so I would like to get this to stop logging in Event Viewer.

idahosurge, Dec 20, 2018
  4. JMarkH Win User

Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB

No log file locations in Event Viewer

I opened Win 10's Event Viewer (first as myself, second as Administrator) and tried to create a Custom View.

I chose reporting By Log, but when I clicked on the drop-down menu for log locations, none were listed.

What gives?

JMarkH, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB

1. Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB - Similar Threads - Hiding event viewer

2. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....
  3. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....
  4. Event Viewer Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  5. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  6. Troubling event viewer log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubling event viewer log: I seem to be having issues with the WMI services. While checking event viewer I noticed a DistributedCOM error occurring over 1800 times per hour. Not sure if its related but does anyone know about the error below? Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  7. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  8. Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB

in Windows 10 Support
    Hiding an event viewer log provider without a GUID: BTHUSB: I'm getting annoying id 28 bluetooth warnings about lack of LE support, but my dongle works fine. It's not an error per se, just a nuisance. I already've managed to hide the infamous otherwise un-killable Windows Hello warning in...
  9. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...
  10. Hide Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Event Viewer error: An app generates a APPLICATION event viewer error when it's closed. The app itself performs well. How can the error be either hidden or blocked? Info on line related to MMC and the app console has been studied, but not understood. Make it simple, please. ^_^ 104211

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suppress guid event viewer

2. provider bthusb

3. disable event viewer guid

4. search event viewer logs based on guid