Windows 10: Hiding contacts from apps

Discus and support Hiding contacts from apps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I hide contacts from an app that requires access to them, in order to run - but shoudn't need them, in order to do so i.e., sort of like data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven K.McKendall Sr., Oct 13, 2021.

1. Hiding contacts from apps

How can I hide contacts from an app that requires access to them, in order to run - but shoudn't need them, in order to do so i.e., sort of like data mining or an invasion of privacy - on windows / desktop? I'm not talking about on an android or cell phone.

:)

Steven K.McKendall Sr., Oct 13, 2021
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 13, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Hiding contacts from apps

Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Hiding contacts from apps

1. Hiding contacts from apps - Similar Threads - Hiding contacts apps

2. Hiding contacts from apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hiding contacts from apps: How can I hide contacts from an app that requires access to them, in order to run - but shoudn't need them, in order to do so i.e., sort of like data mining or an invasion of privacy - on windows / desktop? I'm not talking about on an android or cell phone....
  3. The "Contact" app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The "Contact" app: I wanted the "Contacts" app, but I can't find at all now in Win-10.Before someone say "blah blah..." about "people" app, I want you know that I need to convert some .CSV to .VCF...
  4. How to hide Outlook.com contacts from showing in Windows Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to hide Outlook.com contacts from showing in Windows Search?: As title says, is there a way to stop Windows Search from combing through or searching my contacts from Outlook.com? I just want to search files. submitted by /u/Warm-Sheepherder-597 [link] [comments]...
  5. is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there a way to hide apps from apps/features setting?: i want to make an app i have invisible in the apps/features settings is there any way i can do this, or rename the app, or do anything to hide it or what the app is?...
  6. Hiding an app from control panel

Hiding an app from control panel: Is there a way to install an app (in this case steam) and configure it so that it doesn't appear on the control panel, quick access or the windows search bar? I'm assuming its either a special directory or a registry hack. Any help would be welcome! submitted by /u/p20sren...
  7. Hiding Apps from Control panel

Hiding Apps from Control panel: I am trying to hide an app (ProtonVpn) from the control panel by editing the registry, but I can't seem to find the DisplayName key in Local machine. I installed it in the recomended directory : Program files x 86. Please help submitted by /u/p20sren [link] [comments]...
  8. Delete contacts from People App

Delete contacts from People App: I can't delete old contacts from People App. When I right click on the contact the Delete is grayed out. Anyone out there that knows how to fix this, please help me out. Thanks...
  9. Delete contacts from people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete contacts from people app: When I try to delete contacts from people app the delete option is grayed out. How can I delete these old contacts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-contacts-from-people-app/01c45ead-10d5-4de6-a386-409b408b8720
  10. Apps Are Hiding From Me

Apps Are Hiding From Me: Trying to uninstall apps. Can't find them. Not showing on list of apps in control panel. How do I locate them and get them to show up for the uninstaller? Example would be XNView. New Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Win 10 37218