Windows 10: Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font

Discus and support Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've switched to Google Sans font by a registry hack below (+ installed that font of course), and everything works except hiding date in taskbar, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bl00keRs, Feb 21, 2019.

1. bl00keRs Win User

Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font

I've switched to Google Sans font by a registry hack below (+ installed that font of course), and everything works except hiding date in taskbar, and I don't know how to get rid of it. I'm already using small taskbar icons, but there's no difference in time, or date + time showing up while playing with small/normal size. I mean the taskbar size and icons are changing as they should, but the date is always there no matter what size of taskbar is set to be. Can someone take a look at the registry hack and tell me if everything is properly done over there? When switched back to standard Segoe UI system font, it works - the date is hiding when using small taskbar icons and it's back when normal size taskbar icons are set.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts] "Segoe UI (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"="" "Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"="" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes] "Segoe UI"="Google Sans"[/quote]

:)

bl00keRs, Feb 21, 2019

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 21, 2019
  3. emperor Win User
    Hide Date in Taskbar ?

Hi,

Can I hide the date (but not the time) in the taskbar ? On Win8 it would not show when using small taskbar buttons.

Thanks.

emperor, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font

Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font

1. Hiding date in taskbar impossible with new font - Similar Threads - Hiding date taskbar

2. Can hide date on taskbar windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can hide date on taskbar windows 11?: Hi Microsoft, can hide date taskbar Windows 11?date on taskbar windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-hide-date-on-taskbar-windows-11/9aa1b886-2bc7-4d3f-8a0d-5af6c835731b
  3. Can hide date on taskbar windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can hide date on taskbar windows 11?: Hi Microsoft, can hide date taskbar Windows 11?date on taskbar windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-hide-date-on-taskbar-windows-11/9aa1b886-2bc7-4d3f-8a0d-5af6c835731b
  4. Can hide Date on taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can hide Date on taskbar Windows 11: Hi Microsoft, can remove date on taskbar windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-hide-date-on-taskbar-windows-11/20b0668a-a095-4aa2-b5c2-2a1d4605673e
  5. Can hide Date on taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can hide Date on taskbar Windows 11: Hi Microsoft, can remove date on taskbar windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-hide-date-on-taskbar-windows-11/20b0668a-a095-4aa2-b5c2-2a1d4605673e
  6. Change font in taskbar ONLY? for time&date

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change font in taskbar ONLY? for time&date: Hello,is there a way to change the font in the taskbar only - for time & date display? Say my system uses font "A" but in taskbar I want my time & date displayed in font "B", rest of the system stays font "A".Thanks in advance!...
  7. Date/Time Font changed in taskbar

Date/Time Font changed in taskbar: Hello, I don't know how, but my font in the date/time section of the taskbar changed to something that I can't read. How to change it back to English font??!?! Please help!! Provided a screenshot. Look at the bottom right-hand corner. Thanks for any help in advance! [ATTACH]...
  8. Hiding date?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding date?: I want to hide the date from the taskbar but I don't want to use small taskbar icons because I want to make Windows 10 look like Windows 10X if I can't get it on real hardware (Officially, I know that this guide exists (Sorry, Had to remove because of legal reasons, just...
  9. Hide Date in Taskbar ?

Hide Date in Taskbar ?: Hi, Can I hide the date (but not the time) in the taskbar ? On Win8 it would not show when using small taskbar buttons. Thanks. 7990
  10. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...