Windows 10: Hiding folders from other user account

Discus and support Hiding folders from other user account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a PC with Windows 10 Home (1903, 64 bit). I log in via Microsoft admin account and someone else logs in via a standard local account. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dpc, Jul 16, 2020.

1. DPC
    dpc Win User

Hiding folders from other user account

Hi all, I have a PC with Windows 10 Home (1903, 64 bit). I log in via Microsoft admin account and someone else logs in via a standard local account. Is it possible to hide the admin account user data folder/s from the local account user while having the folder/s visible to the admin user without further changing any settings? Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Hiding folders from other user account :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Jul 16, 2020
  3. jgunning Win User
    Hiding user accounts

Hi all,

So question for you, I have a machine, non-domain, windows 7 home prem. I have a tech account and a user account, when you get to windows logon, it shows tech profile there.is there a way to hide the tech profile from the logon screen...?Or make it so they have to type their credentials in manually to logon..?

obviously secpol or gpedit would be perfect for requiring control alt delete on logon in windows pro but on home prem i cant figure out a way.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. Hiding folders from other user account - Similar Threads - Hiding folders user

2. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page: Hello,Does anyone know a way to disable or hide 'Other user' option in win10 via GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidedisable-other-user-option-from-the-login-page/ad2e1d6b-ef8f-4cf6-b174-c8b28b6e08af
  3. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login page: Hello,Does anyone know a way to disable or hide 'Other user' option in win10 via GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidedisable-other-user-option-from-the-login-page/ad2e1d6b-ef8f-4cf6-b174-c8b28b6e08af
  4. Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login pagae

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hide/Disable 'Other User' option from the login pagae: Hello,Does anyone know a way to disable or hide 'Other user' option in win10 via GPO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidedisable-other-user-option-from-the-login-pagae/ad2e1d6b-ef8f-4cf6-b174-c8b28b6e08af
  5. How to hide file from other family users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to hide file from other family users?: I've hidden my files by changing properties of the files so that only I can see them when wanted through show hidden items option, but when someone from my family group in their space use the same option show hidden items they can also see them in my drive. So, I want to...
  6. How can I hide apps from others users?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I hide apps from others users?: Ive just started using windows abd want to know how to hide things like installed games from others i share my pc with. I an sharing my pc with my parents, I made them profiles but they dont have microsoft accounts....
  7. Hiding files and folders from other users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hiding files and folders from other users: Hello All, I have D drive which has storage of 1000GB HDD. I have added multiple users, thinking that one user cannot see the files and folders of other users in D drive. But evetually they all could see each other files and folders. Is there any way to restrict users from...
  8. hide "other user" text from login page

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    hide "other user" text from login page: Hi All, I enabled the security policy to not display last logged on user, but now it says OTHER USER, and I don't like how it looks. I would like to just hide that text completely, while keeping that policy enabled. Has anyone found a way to do this? Thank you! 52190
  9. How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users

How Can I Hide Users File From Other Users: Is there a way to create user files or folders that are not invisible to other users. Invisible to mean the other user see absolutely nothing to do with another user. Users in this case to mean Windows 10 "Standard User" Please note that if solution cannot be accomplished...
  10. Hide other user name from login screen

Hide other user name from login screen: I have my user account which is connected with ms account which shows my email along with my user name on login screen. I made one more admin account without ms account and made it a default user with password. Now on login screen on left side both my accounts show up. Is...