Windows 10: Hiding fonts from application dropdown

Discus and support Hiding fonts from application dropdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way I can hide fonts from appearing in the drop down list of my programs? There are a lot of fonts that cannot be deleted, and I'd love to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AxFairy, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Hiding fonts from application dropdown

Is there a way I can hide fonts from appearing in the drop down list of my programs? There are a lot of fonts that cannot be deleted, and I'd love to bring my font list down to the dozen or so fonts I actually use instead of a bunch of symbol fonts which I will never use.

submitted by /u/AxFairy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AxFairy, Jun 11, 2020

2. How to Hide Fonts

Can you name some other 3rd party solutions because I can't seem to find any that actually hides the fonts from appearing in applications like Microsoft Word. It's so annoying to have this huge long list.

I've tried NexusFont as it's one of the more popular programs and it does not hide the fonts that I do not want in Microsoft Word. It's still there. Nexus font simply categorizes all the fonts that you have. It's a little annoying because if you want to use it, Nexus Font takes a while to load.

CerebralFreeze, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Deleting non-Latin fonts in Windows 10 Home

Thanks for the suggestion, but, sadly, it does not. In addition, I have gone to the Font Management setting and followed Microsoft's directions explicitly. Win 10 will NOT let me delete any installed font (except ones that I have installed myself), and it will NOT let me hide any font at all. The 'Hide' setting says it will hide the font from applications, but EVERY application that offers a choice of fonts, whether from Microsoft (Office, Word, Wordpad, Notepad, etc.) or third parties (such as OpenOffice) shows ALL the fonts listed in the Font Management listing. Every. Single. One.

There was a script for removing the non-Latin fonts from Win 7 that automated the process. That script does not work in Win 10. Is there one that does?

Thanks in advance for any help/

Bookbear1948, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Hiding fonts from application dropdown

Foreign Fonts in Windows 10 Applications

I tried this. These foreign fonts still show on the lists of fonts in my application. I can hide, but not delete "Leelawadi" for example, under Settings and Fonts. The font is greyed out there, but it still shows up in Microsoft Office when I look through
    the menu list of fonts.

donharmon42, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Hiding fonts from application dropdown

1. Hiding fonts from application dropdown - Similar Threads - Hiding fonts application

2. Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible hide taskbar labels but not combine them? Not an option in dropdown: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/canuckathome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ublszi/is_it_possible_hide_taskbar_labels_but_not/
  3. Hiding Running Applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding Running Applications: I understand how to minimize running applications to hide them. I run an app that is always in non-windowed, full screen mode. Is there a way to force it to not show any other BG apps when in any open program or the windows desktop, similar to hiding background applications...
  4. Hiding Applications from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding Applications from Taskbar: How do I hide an application from appearing on the taskbar of the bottom of my screen? submitted by /u/GodOfEmAll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5b1f8/hiding_applications_from_taskbar/
  5. Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user

Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user: I am unable to select the font dropdown in Camtasia 2019 or 2020 with my primary account on my new Dell XPS laptop. If I add a new annotation or try to change an existing one by opening the font dropdown, the dropdown does not open and Camtasia crashes. I'm running Windows 10...
  6. Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer)

Hiding the Desktop Icon (Dropdown File Explorer): Hello everyone, Hereby I would like to ask all of you for help on a problem me and my colleague have been tackling for the past couple of days now. We just can't seem to be able to crack this one. Situation: We are setting up our new Citrix farm and preparing our new...
  7. Dropdown Box Font Color

Dropdown Box Font Color: Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark] When...
  8. Where are my fonts hiding?

Where are my fonts hiding?: I recently bought a brand new Windows 10 computer from Microsoft, I activated my previously owned license for Office 365 through the Microsoft Store, and started using Word 2016 (seemingly without any problems). I then tried to use another program (Gimp2) and noticed I...
  9. How to Hide Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Hide Fonts: Microsoft help documents state that if you hide installed fonts, they won't show up in programs anymore. However, I have hid many of the fonts, especially the foreign language fonts and they still show up in programs like Microsoft Word. How do I get them to stop showing up...
  10. Hide or Show Fonts in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Fonts in Windows: How to: Hide or Show Fonts in Windows How to Hide or Show Fonts in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. This tutorial will show you how to hide or show selected fonts installed...