Windows 10: Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar

Discus and support Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So, I have a weird-ish question. I multitask a lot, and have the calculator and sticky notes applications running a lot of the time. I also have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GarrukApex, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar

So, I have a weird-ish question. I multitask a lot, and have the calculator and sticky notes applications running a lot of the time. I also have my taskbar buttons expanded, so I can see what each browser window has on it to quickly switch between them. However, apps that I leave open for long periods of time, like sticky notes, don't really need to have the description on them. Is there any way to make it so that certain apps don't show labels, and the rest of my applications do? I've been looking for a while and I haven't found any similar questions.

Thanks.

:)

GarrukApex, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click a blank area on the taskbar and choose
      Taskbar Settings.

• Under Combine Taskbar Buttons, choose
      Always, hide labels.

• Exit Settings.

You may also go through How to use the taskbar
    for further help.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 9, 2020
  3. program to hide the taskbar

Hello,

I Do not recommend you to use third party programs for that kind of things as it might cause system to dysfunction.

I suggest you follow these steps

Right-click on an empty area of the taskbar. (If you're in tablet mode, hold a finger on the taskbar.)

Click taskbar settings.

Toggle Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to on. (You can also do the same for tablet mode.)

Patricia.Guenot, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar

1. Hiding labels for certain programs on the taskbar - Similar Threads - Hiding labels certain

2. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  3. Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Hiding Behind Programs: Hello!My question concerns the taskbar auto-hide option. I recently found out about this option. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Let me explain.It started with a few programs, such as Google Chrome and Word. When having these programs in full-screen, the taskbar...
  4. Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar: Hello everyone! So far, we don't have an option in the Windows 11 taskbar settings to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar, only to ungroup AND show labels. I don't understand why Microsoft does this kind of thing. First, they remove something important,...
  5. Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar: Hello everyone! So far, we don't have an option in the Windows 11 taskbar settings to UNGROUP the buttons, but HIDE the labels in the taskbar, only to ungroup AND show labels. I don't understand why Microsoft does this kind of thing. First, they remove something important,...
  6. "Always, hide label" for taskbar continually reverts to "When taskbar is full"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Always, hide label" for taskbar continually reverts to "When taskbar is full": My taskbar icons about every 10-15 minutes goes from hidden labels to visible labels with no prompting. I continually have to go into taskbar settings to change the Combine taskbar buttons setting. This continues to happen even when I have locked my taskbar and had it...
  7. "Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar

"Always, hide labels" not combining icons on taskbar: I have Combine taskbar buttons and combine buttons on other taskbars for multiple displays both set to "Always, hide labels," but they have recently started opening a second button again as you can see with Excel: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I get this to go back to just one...
  8. program icons on taskbar will not hide

program icons on taskbar will not hide: Hi, For my Taskbar on my notebook computer I'm able to turn on/off the system icons on the taskbar via Settings - Personalization - Taskbar - Turn system icons on or off However, toggling the program icons such as OneDrive, does not hide them. On my Desktop PC this works...
  9. program to hide the taskbar

program to hide the taskbar: since I need to constantly be hiding and showing the taskbar is there a little program for that? to toggle that function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-to-hide-the-taskbar/4ec950f5-e436-4703-8879-a1235f9b2767
  10. Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10

Hide taskbar labels - Windows 10: ALCON, I want to make the left side of my Windows 10 dual-display look like my right-side (screenshot attached), but can't figure out the options. I don't have much experience using the Taskbar anywhere but at the bottom, so my attempts to discover the possibility have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar label only for specific apps