Windows 10: Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004

Discus and support Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a card reader always attached to my machine. Since upgrading to 2004 all of the drives have appeared whether something was there or not.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/outtokill7, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004

I have a card reader always attached to my machine. Since upgrading to 2004 all of the drives have appeared whether something was there or not. Previous versions of Windows 10 hid this. Is it possible I can do it with 2004?

submitted by /u/outtokill7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/outtokill7, Sep 28, 2020
  2. rebop Win User

Windows Show Hide not hiding 2004 feature update

Show/Hide has always worked for me. Yesterday I had about 10 updates show. I want to install all BUT the 2004 Feature Update, so hid that in Show/Hide. It shows as hidden there, but when I check Windows Update again the next day, it is still listed. Normally, it would not be and all other updates would be. Now all are there and I do not yet care to install the feature update.

Any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks.

Win 10 1909

rebop, Sep 28, 2020
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004

Hiding devices from Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list

In my Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media list both my internal SSD and storage drive are listed. I want to be able to hide/remove these drives from the list. After a lot of searching all I could find was a registry trick for Win7 which no longer applies
    in Win10. All the other suggestions have been to shut off hot swapping but that is something I use. This is a work machine that I am often connecting and disconnecting drives from. It seems like it should be a simple thing to mark certain devices to not be
    listed. What can I do?

Mitch13212412, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004

1. Hiding removable drives in Task Manager - Win10 2004 - Similar Threads - Hiding removable drives

2. Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.: Win10 version 2004 : computer has only C drive as seen in "ThisPc" i find two PUP installed 1. Win32/CadyOpen containerfile: E:\mitra2\Downloads\uTorrent.exe and 2. UTorrent file: E:\mitra2\Downloads\BitTorrent.exe Defender. Malwarebytes ,CCleaner, Spyhunter And many...
  3. Win10 pro 2004 patch task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 pro 2004 patch task manager: Is there a way to remove the new "ssd" or "hdd" labels next to each drive in performance tab? Silly question but it tilts my ocd submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/honxoa/win10_pro_2004_patch_task_manager/
  4. Task Manager no longer auto starting in 2004

Task Manager no longer auto starting in 2004: Like the subject says. In previous versions of windows 10 the task manager performance tab would automatically start when windows starts. But that's not happening anymore since I upgraded to 2004. Any ideas? submitted by /u/micstatic80 [link] [comments]...
  5. Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset?

Taskbar not hiding. Is there a permanent solution that's not a Task Manager reset?: New to windows from being Mac for 10 years. I love that my rig is 1/4 price for same performance, but damn I can't stand this OS. I've searched everywhere, and can't seem to find a permanent solution for the task bar not staying hidden. Is there one at all? submitted by...
  6. Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager: Old software that I use regularly slows the boot process and other applications. I cannot find it in any "startup" folder (even Task Manager). There are two registry entries in Computer\HKEY_USERS\ ... (etc.) ending with ...\program.exe\shell\open\command It does...
  7. Hide task bar

Hide task bar: Hi, In the past, before the lastest update, I was able to hide my task bar. Now, no matter what I do, it will not hide. Any ideas why I am unable to hide it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-task-bar/03e76914-3052-44d2-beaf-d2c32eef8de8
  8. Is there a way to hide programs from the startup section of task manager?

Is there a way to hide programs from the startup section of task manager?: I have some programs like discord and steam that I want to stay hidden, but task manager proudly shows it like it's a medal. Is there any way to remove it there so I can have them like ninjas?...
  9. Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager when Minimized in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hide Task Manager Taskbar Icon when Minimized in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes...
  10. Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10

Hide/Remove OneDrive in File Manager on Windows 10: I would like the OneDrive icon to be hidden/removed from File Explorer on my 64 bit Windows 10 Home device. I find the same steps all over the that don't seem to work for me involving setting two flags in the registry as follows: Set the System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree...