Windows 10: Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update

Discus and support Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just did the latest Windows 10 update and now the task bar will not hide. Have changed settings back and forrth and it still will not hide.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerS1947, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update

Just did the latest Windows 10 update and now the task bar will not hide. Have changed settings back and forrth and it still will not hide.

:)

RogerS1947, Dec 10, 2019

2. Task Bar Auto-Hide in Windows 10 Pro no longer working

Hello Community:

This issue has been around for quite a while and it does not seem to have generated a consensus issue fix. My Windows 10 Pro O/S was recently upgraded to 10.0.10586 Build 10586. Prior to the update, the task bar auto-hide function was working correctly.
    Soon after the update(s), the task bar would no longer auto-hide. I went into task bar properties, unchecked the 'auto-hide' box, clicked Apply, and then reversed the sequence. After I placed a check in the auto-hide box and clicked Apply, the task bar briefly
    retracted and then popped right back up. The task bar will no longer auto hide.

My HP Pavilion dv7 notebook has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series display card. The display driver is up to date. Any suggestions from the community to fix the non-working auto-hide issue? Thank you.

Neal O'Connor, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 10, 2019
  4. fancymans Win User

Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update

Show or hide Recent Items on the Start Menu/Task Bar

Hi,

On previous versions of Windows, we would be able to hide recent items from the start menu and the task bar. I am trying to hide recent items on the task bar, but the option is no longer there. Can anyone help?

To clarify, what I mean by recent items are the list of files recently opened using a specific program. For example, if I right click on Visual Studio on my task bar, I get a list of all the apps I've been working on. I don't want these to display.

fancymans, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update

1. Hiding Task Bar no longer works after last update - Similar Threads - Hiding Task Bar

2. The task bar is hiding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The task bar is hiding.: New Surface Pro 8, fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.You can see in the screen shot below that the option to auto-hide the task bar is unchecked. Any ideas why it's hiding whenever I open an ap or window?...
  3. The task bar is hiding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The task bar is hiding.: New Surface Pro 8, fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.You can see in the screen shot below that the option to auto-hide the task bar is unchecked. Any ideas why it's hiding whenever I open an ap or window?...
  4. Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar": Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar", I've tried everything but nothing works. I'm trying to play DCS but the taskbar keeps imposing itself. I am in fullscree, no other app is online, taskbar is on "automatically hide" but nothing seems to work.Also, I...
  5. Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar"

Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar": Task bar not hidding after "automatically hide task bar", I've tried everything but nothing works. I'm trying to play DCS but the taskbar keeps imposing itself. I am in fullscree, no other app is online, taskbar is on "automatically hide" but nothing seems to work.Also, I...
  6. Hide Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide Task Bar: I have my taskbar setting set to auto-hide, but it stays on. Anyone know how to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-task-bar/ed7fbf15-1c36-4bbf-bfdf-6194c5d35439
  7. Hide Task Bar

Hide Task Bar: I have my taskbar setting set to auto-hide, but it stays on. Anyone know how to fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-task-bar/ed7fbf15-1c36-4bbf-bfdf-6194c5d35439
  8. hiding/showing task bar

hiding/showing task bar: Since the last update 14th Sept, having problem with my task bar displaying. I have it set to hide when not in use, and display on top of other screens by dropping my mouse down. But since this update, the bar dose not display on top. Bringing my mouse down will make it pop...
  9. Hide task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide task bar: I can't seem to hide the taskbar, and it henders my ability to type text in certain apps. I also keep getting these annoying notification pings I can't find the source of. I thought it was discord, but I turned that off. I have to mute my system to get it to stop, and that...
  10. Hide task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide task bar: Hi, In the past, before the lastest update, I was able to hide my task bar. Now, no matter what I do, it will not hide. Any ideas why I am unable to hide it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-task-bar/03e76914-3052-44d2-beaf-d2c32eef8de8