Windows 10: Hiding taskbar completely (bug?)

Discus and support Hiding taskbar completely (bug?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I set up my taskbar to auto hide while in desktop, but I still see a very thin line going across the bottom of my monitor. I'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/techma2019, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Hiding taskbar completely (bug?)

Hiding taskbar completely (bug?) yW4TTv3WEWHN7YMKcsdSESLow1O4eTlONteAPHBd-t4.jpg

I set up my taskbar to auto hide while in desktop, but I still see a very thin line going across the bottom of my monitor. I'm trying to condition myself for a change to an OLED display so removing anything static off my screen. Is there a way to fully have the taskbar hide? Or a registry edit to tell it how many pixels it should slide down? Or is this a bug?

Visible taskbar

Hidden taskbar

submitted by /u/techma2019
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/techma2019, Mar 24, 2021

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Mar 24, 2021
  3. hide the taskbar

Hi

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

follow these steps

1. On any blank area of your Windows 10 taskbar, right click to reveal a list of menu options.

2. At the bottom of the list of options, click on Taskbar settings.

3. In the Taskbar menu, ensure that the option for "Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode" is enabled by clicking to turn the small lever to the right of the option blue.

4. Your taskbar should disappear automatically once the hide options are enabled.

Regards,

Dennis.

DennisDiaz1, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Hiding taskbar completely (bug?)

Taskbar wont hide completely.

Thanks for the answers fellas,
    here is what i get when i place the taskbar vertically.

Hiding taskbar completely (bug?) [​IMG]

The good thing is the taskbar hides completely when it's unlocked vertically but the bad thing is that i have three ugly lines next to the icons...
    The only way i found to completely hide the taskbar when it's unlocked horizontally is to change my screen resolution in the display settings.
    But i don't like that resolution so i guess i'll just have to get used to the fact that my taskbar wont hide completely when it's unlocked horizontally...

Abstrait2020, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Hiding taskbar completely (bug?)

1. Hiding taskbar completely (bug?) - Similar Threads - Hiding taskbar completely

2. Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug: PC Specs:Windows 11 fully up-to-dateZ690 Gigabyte Aorus Pro DDR512700K32GB 5200 MT/s RAM1TB Samsung 970 Evo PlusGTX 1080EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W Monitors:ASUS 1080p 75 HzSamsung 1440p 27" Odyssey G7 WQHD 240Hz Hi, So I have an issue in which to fix it I need...
  3. Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-Hide Taskbar Bug: PC Specs:Windows 11 fully up-to-dateZ690 Gigabyte Aorus Pro DDR512700K32GB 5200 MT/s RAM1TB Samsung 970 Evo PlusGTX 1080EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 GT, 80 Plus Gold 1000W Monitors:ASUS 1080p 75 HzSamsung 1440p 27" Odyssey G7 WQHD 240Hz Hi, So I have an issue in which to fix it I need...
  4. Taskbar will hide but not completely flush.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar will hide but not completely flush.: I am currently on Windows 10 and I want to fully hide my taskbar completely on the main desktop. I can hide the task bar so I do not need help in knowing how to activate it. Its a very thin layer of the top of the taskbar sticks outs and I don't know how to make it sit...
  5. Taskbar will hide but not completely flush.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar will hide but not completely flush.: I am currently on Windows 10 and I want to fully hide my taskbar completely on the main desktop. I can hide the task bar so I do not need help in knowing how to activate it. Its a very thin layer of the top of the taskbar sticks outs and I don't know how to make it sit...
  6. Taskbar will hide but not completely flush.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows taskbar is completely bugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taskbar is completely bugged: As you can see in the picture, when I open my browser, the window takes over the taskbar. Once I minimize it, it won't let me maximize unless I kill the process and open my browser again. I really need help, because this means I can't do stuff while attending online meetings....
  8. Taskbar not completely hiding?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar not completely hiding?: I disabled the locked taskbar option, but there is still a very small yet very noticeable line that is the taskbar in the bottom of my screen. can i fully hide, and if yes, how? thanks! help much appreciated submitted by /u/TheWhatover [link] [comments]...
  9. Taskbar wont hide completely.

Taskbar wont hide completely.: Hi, It seems like my taskbar is not centered correctly, and it wont hide completely. I always get that annoying line showing the top of the taskbar when it's supposed to be completely hidden. [img] I'm not sure if it's related but i also get a white line at the right corner...
  10. Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?

Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?: Hi, I use my PC only for entertainment - gaming and watching TV shows and movies. That means that I only use the big screen, which is a plasma, and as you're probably aware, plasmas have the burn-in issue. So I enabled the Auto-hide taskbar function, but it still shows...