Windows 10: hiding the taskbar from view

Discus and support hiding the taskbar from view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do you make the taskbar disappear from view when you are using the computer? It is taking up too much of my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HHippy, May 18, 2019.

1. HHippy Win User

hiding the taskbar from view

how do you make the taskbar disappear from view when you are using the computer? It is taking up too much of my screen

:)

HHippy, May 18, 2019

2. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, May 18, 2019
  3. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 18, 2019
  4. hiding the taskbar from view

Can you hide the taskbar in windows 10?

I tried the steps to hide the taskbar and was able to move it from the bottom to the side, but it will not autohide. Any suggestions?

MARKBRUNER, May 18, 2019
Thema:

hiding the taskbar from view

1. hiding the taskbar from view - Similar Threads - hiding taskbar view

2. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  3. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  4. Hiding applicaitons from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding applicaitons from the taskbar: Hi Is there a way to hide an icon in the taskbar when a specific application is open? I have heard of programs called 'Boss key' but was wondering if Windows 10 has an in-built option that allows you to do this? Thanks submitted by /u/sikbreh [link] [comments]...
  5. Hiding Applications from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding Applications from Taskbar: How do I hide an application from appearing on the taskbar of the bottom of my screen? submitted by /u/GodOfEmAll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5b1f8/hiding_applications_from_taskbar/
  6. Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar: Hi I have an application running on my system that I would like to hide for end user. Is there a way to hide this application using regkey or GPO to ensure this is not visible for end user. It is located in the taskbar close to the clock with antivirus, ......
  7. auto hide taskbar when viewing movies

in Windows 10 Support
    auto hide taskbar when viewing movies: how do i tell the task bar that yes you are very useful but go away when i am watching a movie (that is avi and on the laptop) also sometimes there is a clearish thing on the bottom of the screen, with controls, when watching a movie. As there is print i need to read at the...
  8. Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide Sticky Notes from Taskbar: Very welcome. I love it myself. Click the tray once to see them. Click it twice for a new one.
  9. "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Hide Taskbar" option not hiding taskbar: Hi, I'm using Build TH1 10240 with all updates (just checked before I posted this to be sure) dual booting W7 and W10 with no known problems other than the taskbar issue. The taskbar hides and appears fine when nothing is up but the desktop, or the settings window and...
  10. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...